I am the Lord thy Mod
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My father died today. Mom died 12 years ago. I realized that i have very few pictures of either. I have buried two brothers, two sisters, mom, and now dad and we have very few family photos. My advice for today? Go take some pictures of your family. You might not get the chance tomorrow.

That is good advice. Sorry to hear of your loss.

I'm sorry for your loss. I've lost both my parents as well and like you have very few pictures.

:hugs: pixmedic.
I am so sorry!
I still have my dad and I am happy about it.
My mom passed away more than 11 years ago.
Thankfully, photography has played a major role in my family for as long as I can think, so there are many photos there of the two.

pixmedic, sorry to hear about your Dad. My kids and family are the reason that I got my dslr and I am tyring to take as many of them as I can.

My father died today. Mom died 12 years ago. I realized that i have very few pictures of either. I have buried two brothers, two sisters, mom, and now dad and we have very few family photos. My advice for today? Go take some pictures of your family. You might not get the chance tomorrow.

Sorry to hear of your loss. My mom died 2 years ago and I still remember the ordeal all too well.

Your advice, while excellent, is too late for me. I have a few shots of my mom and none whatsoever of my father or step-father.

My condolences. Oddly enough my mother stopped over tonight to hold my daughter (my wife and I had our first child in August) and I was taking pictures of my mom holding Sophie with the new camera I just got.

I am sorry for your loss. It is easy to think of people in your life as permanent fixtures and it is so hard to come to terms that they are gone.

Me and my dad had some...differences these last few years. He never got to see his grandson. I had always planned to reconsile with him, but it always took a back seat to things that seemed more important at the time. And i basically ignored his last attempt to patch things up with me. Hindsight.

Nobody can see the future. Had you known the end was coming, had you known that that would be your last opportunity to reconcile with him then things would unquestionably have been different. We all play the cards we're dealt and accept what comes. When it comes to our parents getting old we all carry some guilt around with us. I know for certain that I do.

I am so sorry. And you are right about your advise.

:hugs: I'm sorry to hear about your loss.

Frequency we are in the same boat. My pap has been fighting aggressive lung cancer. He has been given 2 more hours today by his home nurse. I always hated pictures when I was younger. Now I want to take pictures with my parents, brother, cousin, aunt, uncle. Anyone. I'm going to miss my pap. He is one hell of a man.

I'm sorry for your loss.

Interestingly enough there was a post on this same subject within the past week on FStoppers (I think that's there it was, all the photo blogs tend to run together). Anyway the author has just lost a loved one and commented on how we as photographers generally have thousands of picture of strangers, landscapes, etc while relatively few of our close family. The other thing he pointed out was to make sure we're taking GOOD photos of our friends and family. Many of us (myself included) leave the DSLR in the bag and just carry around a smaller P&S for convenience when we're with family. Definitely something to think about.

Most reactions

Back