hindsight is 20/20

So sorry for your loss, pixmedic, and for the fact that you weren't able to get that time to reconcile with him.

My dad passed away in Jan. 2005; seems like yesterday, and I still miss him like crazy. When I hear the song "Leader of the Band" by Dan Fogelberg, particularly the line "my life has been a poor attempt to imitate the man," I break down. In fact, I'm doing now, just typing the words.
Some of my most treasured photos are those of my kids with their Papa, whom they loved dearly.

We just had an 86th birthday party for my mom, and I got some much needed, updated pics of her with my now-grown boys.

There is NO such thing as TOO many family photos, and even more than that--really, truly--there are very, very few things in this world that are worth an estranged relationship with a family member. Even if they are engaging in destructive or violent behavior that you cannot be around, tell them you love them--live at peace with them, AS FAR AS IT DEPENDS ON YOU.

Oh, wow...that's tough. Thanks for sharing with us your loss. A burden shared is a burden lightened somebody once said, and I hope that all who read your touching commentary here will take heed, and think about your sage advice. If I were there, Id give you a big man-hug in support. Stay strong!

Most reactions

Back