Historic Mill...

They must have an X on the ground with a sign that says "Photographers MUST stand here when shooting" There was an exact same shot of this mill a couple weeks ago. the previous shot was in B&W with the mill left red, I said I thought it would be better in traditional B&W, He tried, but it still didn't work for me. I don't know what it is, but it still doesn't work for me. I don't know, maybe a tighter crop on the mill it's self?
EDIT: Still bothers me why this doesn't hit me so I didn't a quick screen grab and played around with it. I got what I thought was a nice portrait shot of the mill. Just a thought.

I like the shot. If I were to do anything different, I think I would crop it (actually zoom in) closer and lose some of the waterfall in the foreground. I think there may be a bit of subject competition.

Makes me look forward to fall ...

Losing some of the falls is what I was also getting at, but by zooming in, you also zoom in on the white van, flag pole and other non-period elements. Personally, I'd crop it just to the right of the mill and eliminate everytihing "modern" on the right side of the frame. Using just the left side of the photo, you should be able to frame the mill nicely.

Most reactions

Back