Holga, Brownies, Pinhole and any other kind of Lo-Fi

Holga 135. 10 year expired HP5, Rodinal +100 stand

Holga 135 fogXhp5.jpg

Last edited:
These are really cool. I like the sort of foggy misty borderline moody almost spooky feel. The floral is interesting, almost like the darker flower is floating... nicely done.

And you know what, there's a show coming up by the Lightbox Gallery - they're bringing back their Spooky Show!! Haven't held it in some time, but I got something accepted once and hanging on their wall in an exhibit. You might want to take a look at it. (If you can't find it let me know and I'll look for the link to post. Any photographic process I think.)

These are really cool. I like the sort of foggy misty borderline moody almost spooky feel. The floral is interesting, almost like the darker flower is floating... nicely done.

And you know what, there's a show coming up by the Lightbox Gallery - they're bringing back their Spooky Show!! Haven't held it in some time, but I got something accepted once and hanging on their wall in an exhibit. You might want to take a look at it. (If you can't find it let me know and I'll look for the link to post. Any photographic process I think.)

They are having one, entry deadline is September 13th.

Last edited:
Kellogg cereal in box giveaway camera FP4 D76 straight up.

Kel-1-001es.jpg

retired demo derby combatant

Kel-1-011es.jpg

my old wheel

Long time since I played with a "Plastic Fantastic". Couple of frames from another promotional giveaway that I might or might not clutter up Collector's Corner with.

FP4 pushed one stop, D76 1:1.

KP1-010es.jpg

KP1-011es.jpg

Holga 35, expired Kodak Color Plus 200

Landstract
Landstractholga35cp+exp.jpeg

Mid 30's Baby Brownie.. roll of 120 FP4 cut to width, attached to 127 backing paper and rerolled onto a 127 spool.. D76 1:1.

..off the scanner, crop to tidy the edges, minor exposure and contrast adjustments and dust spotting..
BB1-005es.jpg

..more agressive PS stuff and a crop.
BB1-005ecs.jpg

Yes thanks. Ordered some 110 cartridges from them last evening as there seems to be as yet a finite and dimishing supply of food for my Pentax auto 110. 127 and surprisingly 828 is available at a rather steep price. The DIY hack is a bit fiddly but almost half the cost.

I'm able to carefully cut the 120 roll, paper spool and all, with a coping saw in subdued light with only 1-2 mm exposed along the cut edge. The rest is done in the dark,
Sweet. Suspect you know this crew:

Yes, there hasn't been any replies for far too long. Come on folks, where are those Brownies, Boxes and Plastic Fantastics - you know you gottem....

Houghton - Butcher Ensign "Junior Box" Acros 100 D76 stock. Shot two summers ago never scanned.

EJB1-007s.jpg

Going to the August long weekend Show n Shine.

Yes, there hasn't been any replies for far too long. Come on folks, where are those Brownies, Boxes and Plastic Fantastics - you know you gottem....

Houghton - Butcher Ensign "Junior Box" Acros 100 D76 stock. Shot two summers ago never scanned.

View attachment 272677
Going to the August long weekend Show n Shine.

Close pals are Holga/Diana/pinhole junkies--and bulk gaffer's tape buyers, too. Whatever the temptation, the cost of film and once-easy availability of labs killed the mood for me. They're DIY lab guys. I'm not.
Will root around for film files shot with some iffy but much-loved old Nikkors. Must confess to juggling and hacking PS plug-ins to get the "lo-fi" look. Sad, i know.

Health problems have kept me away. But I have a nice big batch of expired film to use. Hope to get out with the nice weather coming here in Cleve. It's Holga, Pinhole, Brownie and vintage Minolta/Pentax time I am afraid I am also not a do it yourself film developer so I have to eat the cost.

Close pals are Holga/Diana/pinhole junkies--and bulk gaffer's tape buyers, too. Whatever the temptation, the cost of film and once-easy availability of labs killed the mood for me. They're DIY lab guys. I'm not.
Will root around for film files shot with some iffy but much-loved old Nikkors. Must confess to juggling and hacking PS plug-ins to get the "lo-fi" look. Sad, i know.
I keep my costs low by watching for film at favourable prices, got a bunch of 120 Kentmere for under $6 from Popho in Laval. 35mm is purchased in bulk 100ft rolls. Advertised a bunch of point and shoots and a couple of SLR's of note on Marketplace. They surprisingly sold fast so that goes to financing the habit. Only do BW in the kitchen sink then scan. I rarely buy stuff at market prices. Most was given to me or picked up in thrift stores when camera stuff was plentiful before 2020.

Health problems have kept me away. But I have a nice big batch of expired film to use. Hope to get out with the nice weather coming here in Cleve. It's Holga, Pinhole, Brownie and vintage Minolta/Pentax time I am afraid I am also not a do it yourself film developer so I have to eat the cost.
Must admit, costs have almost taken all the fun out of coaxing images out of the oldies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back