Holga medium format cameras

Zoolfoos

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Recently I decided that I would like to try experimenting with medium format cameras and film. I started off using an old Metascoflex which was lent to me by my father. It was given to him when he was a kid and it was at least 15-20 years old at that time. Basically, it is VERY old. Normally I would say that this doesn't make it bad but... The counter for the film stopped working, it has a light leak, the viewing window is very dirty and scratched, and It has trouble with many types of film. I decided it would be easier to get a new one.

Because I'm just experimenting I don't want to spend too much money. I was looking at a few cameras by Holga, more specifically the Woca 120G. I have heard that these cameras can have some rather serious light leak problems. Is this camera worth trying out, it is only $30.00, but I would like to know what you all think of it. Any advice will be appreciated.

YES!! Holgas are amazing chunks of plastic. Each camera has it's own unique qualities. Just search around in the pic post threads for some examples of pics and judge for yourself. It's well worth the investment ecspecially if your getting into medium format. You can also get them modified to fit more of your style, take a look here... http://www.holgamods.com/index.html

Usually people buy the Holgas FOR the lightleaks and imperfections. It's not for profesional looking pictures...more for the artistic look you get from them.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back