Holiday Donation! Camera, flash, 3 lenses!

pixmedic

I am the Lord thy Mod
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Aaaaaaand STILL spreading the Holiday cheer!
we have a very interesting item up for donation today. I have a few of these, and have been considering selling one of my sets, but decided instead to share the joy of these little guys and donate one to our online photography community.
this is a complete set for the Pentax auto 110 SLR system. this is a 110 film camera. if your not familiar with it, read the wiki article.
Pentax Auto 110 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Ive included almost everything that came with the boxed set originally. the camera, auto-winder, hot shoe flash, and three lenses.
18mm f/2.8, 24mm f/2.8, and 50mm f/2.8
these are fixed aperture lenses, permanently at f/2.8, the exposure is done in camera automatically.
this is a great little camera, and everything is in working order. (as of the last time I had it out)
the whole system fits into a leather Pentax case about the size of a small purse. this is literally an SLR you can stick in a jacket pocket. great for hiking, biking, general sightseeing.. anywhere you would want a compact camera.
you can still order new 110 film new at http://usa.shop.lomography.com/films/110-film
I cant say enough good things about this camera. it is compact, easy to use, and fun. the lenses are easy to focus, and sharp as a tack. there are no issues at all getting good pictures done in 8x10 or smaller.
Obviously there are certain limitations with 110 film. if you aren't familiar with this format, please read up on it before asking for this.
Don't underestimate the quality of this cameras build, or its lenses. Pentax went all out on this little guy. but enough of my rave reviews. on to the fine print.

You all know how this works at this point. (I hope)
we are DONATING this lens. It is FREE to a good/needy home, and is sent AS-IS with no guarantee or warranty, written or implied of ANY kind. we will pay shipping. continental U.S ONLY.

the criteria for getting the camera is as follows:

1: you live in the continental united states/Alaska if flat rate shipping goes there (im a stickler on this one, sorry)
2: you have been a member of the forum for more than 2 months. (and been a reasonably active member of the TPF community)
3: you have a desire to learn/deal with a film camera and the 110 film format.
(ALL rules are at me and my wife's discretion. we reserve the right to change the criteria at ANY time for ANY dumb old reason)

i will let this thread run for a week or so. If you are interested in the camera, post on THIS THREAD with your intentions for the camera, an honest gear list, what you would like to do with this camera, and whether or not you are already an experienced film shooter, or just want to learn. PM's or emails may or may not get considered.

this camera system is not for everyone. and not for every film user. it is a very nitche-ish format and you may have to hunt around for a place that will develop this film. (we have a local store that has a guy they send it to) If you already enjoy shooting film, but wish you could do so without having to drag around big cameras and lenses, but still get good pictures, this is the camera for you!

thank you all.

-Jason

I still have one of these, they were a fantastic camera with so many accessories available, and interchangeable lenses, Pentax did great with this camera.

I would love this little camera. I wouldn't say that I am an experienced film shooter, but I'm not new to it either. I have a Yashica 120 and a Petri 35mm, but that is all the film equipment I have. My buddies look at me kinda weird when I drag a film camera out of my gear bag, but I love the nostalgia of it. I really dig the tones and feeling that you get from film, verses digital.

If you end up giving this camera to me, I'll use it as a walkabout camera. Taking candids of family and friends. It would be cool to take with me while wandering around the woods as well.

Pixmedic, you and your wife are awesome people.

Did you guys rob a camera store? :lol:

Really cool of you guys to be doing this again.

I would love this little camera. I wouldn't say that I am an experienced film shooter, but I'm not new to it either. I have a Yashica 120 and a Petri 35mm, but that is all the film equipment I have. My buddies look at me kinda weird when I drag a film camera out of my gear bag, but I love the nostalgia of it. I really dig the tones and feeling that you get from film, verses digital.

If you end up giving this camera to me, I'll use it as a walkabout camera. Taking candids of family and friends. It would be cool to take with me while wandering around the woods as well.

how is that yashica 120? I just got a Mamiya m645 and some 120 B&W film for it. first time messing with medium format.

Pretty awesome of you! I'd never use this, but just wanted to say you are so nice to offer this.

pixmedic said:
how is that yashica 120? I just got a Mamiya m645 and some 120 B&W film for it. first time messing with medium format.

It's really fun! The photos have a cool vintage vibe to them, like they were taken 50 years ago. It's just sooo cumbersome to try to focus looking through it vertically.

Sent from my iPhone using PhotoForum

Attachments

• $image-911656107.jpg
    $image-911656107.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 173
I would love to be in the running for this. I've been looking for a film camera and I dont have a lot of money to spend on one. I started a thread about this but I dont have enough to buy a nice film camera. I am 18 but I really want to learn a lot about film.

Pumpedupkicks said:
I would love to be in the running for this. I've been looking for a film camera and I dont have a lot of money to spend on one. I started a thread about this but I dont have enough to buy a nice film camera. I am 18 but I really want to learn a lot about film.

Just be aware that this is a 110 film camera. The film pretty much has to be ordered online, and it can be tough to find places that will process it without having to ship it out. Unless you can do your own developing. It is a great little camera, but not a good camera to learn on. Exposure and shutter speed are automatic. There is no aperture adjustment except what is done in camera. Lenses are a set f/2.8 aperture. There is really no manual adjustments on this camera except for focus. It is basically a point and shoot with SLR lenses.

There is a store in my area that develops 110 film. I also want to learn how to develop film. I hope I can still be in the running for this. I would love to have it.

Pumpedupkicks said:
There is a store in my area that develops 110 film. I also want to learn how to develop film. I hope I can still be in the running for this. I would love to have it.

Doesnt disqualify you. Just want people to be aware of what they are asking for.

pixmedic said:
There is really no manual adjustments on this camera except for focus. It is basically a point and shoot with SLR lenses.

That is my favorite thing about this camera. It forces you to slow down, and think about the shot rather than just aiming and blasting away. Seems like lately that is what I have been doing. This would help me slow down and think each frame through before pulling the trigger on it.

Sent from my iPhone using PhotoForum

Most reactions

Back