File Size 3681 KB

Few Random Ones (spot the crane)

IMG_1046.jpg

_MG_1033.jpg

IMG_1066.jpg

:hail:
plates.jpg
:hail:

I am guessing those a fairly recent photos as i recognise that advert. poster on that bus shelter.

I like the first and second ones of the acorn type thing.

Don't you just hate it when you go out and really wish you'd brought your camera?

:lol:
i cant seem to get vivid colours though or is this just a light problem.

plates.jpg

I am not too sure. The ones of the building sight look vivid - except the 7 looks as if the buildings are sinking.

I am also glad to see there is no purple fringing at where the church meets the sky - very symbolic indeed lol.

i must admit the 2 church pictures do look as if they have been pasted in but they are not i think it was lack of contrast and i tried to blend it in with cs2 but made it worse so gave up ,,,

plates.jpg

I have no idea what Cs2 is. I don't know if i like this whole photo doctoring thing that goes on. I think a pic should remain as it is. let the sensor tell the truth!

Cs2 Adobe Photoshop ,,,,

same here i just use it to process my raw files when using raw files it helps me correct ALL my errors before the final process,,,but the size of the files just makes me go back to jpg anyway ,,and like you say let the camera do the work as i do find myself learning more about adobe photoshop instead of the camera :)

plates.jpg

:thumbup: thanks dude ,,thats made me feel better;)

plates.jpg

Mark...some of the pics I see you are using ISO 400 and 800, but it looks like it was a fairly bright day. You may want to use lower ISOs and adjust the shutter speeds to compensate.

I know you are not using a tripod, but you still should be able to get fairly crisp shot at shutter speeds below 1/60...

just my thoughts...good work though...

P.S.if it was a very over cast day...ignore my comments :D

Thanks im going to try some more tomorrow if weathers good :lol: this is the thing im finding hard working it out on the spot before the moment goes ,,,its just working out the way to get more light at what speed or less etc etc.:thumbup:

p.s used a mini tripod on shot 1 and 8 but was just about to rain and very very windy..

THERES NO SUCH THING AS BAD WEATHER ,,IT'S JUST WEATHER !

plates.jpg

RoRoCo said:
Mark...some of the pics I see you are using ISO 400 and 800, but it looks like it was a fairly bright day. You may want to use lower ISOs and adjust the shutter speeds to compensate.

I know you are not using a tripod, but you still should be able to get fairly crisp shot at shutter speeds below 1/60...

just my thoughts...good work though...

P.S.if it was a very over cast day...ignore my comments :D

I was about to post a reply suggesting lowering the ISO as well.

On a bright sunny day, ISO 50 or 100 is fine. If it's cloudy, an ISO 200 might work well, or adjust your white balance a little. But you can't go wrong with a low ISO during the daytime outdoors. Once you go inside, you can try adjusting your ISO to compensate for lower light levels.

Cool and i take it a tripod is a must with those ISO's & cabled/remote release i take it ...as im 40 ish and the shakes visable lol

plates.jpg

A tripod is the best accesory you can use to sharpen up your images. That being said...I don't use one because I personaly hate lugging one around and my townhome's backyard is hardly exciting :D

There are some tricks you can use to get better at hand holding your camera...

One is...when you hold your camera try "the twist". When you are about to take the shot twist you left hand clockwise and your right hand counter-clockwise. take a half breath...hold and shoot. Give it a try.

Laying off the coffee helps too :D

WoW the tripod and cable release helped but i didnt think it would help that much ,,,what a difference :) ...for the shake problem i worked that out also ,,,just rest the camera on me empty coffee mug...thansk guys..

plates.jpg

Most reactions

Back