What's new

Homage Kandinsky

Ysarex93 87

TPF Supporters
Joined
Nov 27, 2011
Messages
7,717
Reaction score
4,577
Location
St. Louis
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Got out for a walk on Wednesday and this caught my eye. As I was processing the image the colors made me think of Kandinsky and that sounded a lot better than rusty old pipe.

Joe

kandinsky_zps576c0477.jpg
 
Nice find....like the color, the composition is a little stagnant though.
 
Perhaps you could tone down the background without losing some of the Kandinsky effect, thusly:

$kandin.webp
 
The edit is better, but to me this has to include very little (if anything) other than the pipe to work. After all, it's the colors and pattern on the pipe that caught your eye in the first place.
 
Thanks, I think ceeboy's suggestion has merit. I applied a vignette when I processed it, but I agree I was too conservative. I'll go back and push it harder.

Joe
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom