Home Printers that are focused on printing photos

Pasternak

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I was thinking about getting a printer, and I have about $250-300 to play with. I was looking at the HP 7550, it seemed like it could print nice photos on photo paper. I am interested mainly in printing b+w, but I would like to be able to print color as well as typical things like term papers when I need to. Any suggestions??

Ben

I bought a 7550 a while back, and I like it. It print at a decent speed and the color, and b+w prints are good. The only thing about it is that HP tries to adjust the photos it prints for you. You can disable it of course though.

the HP 7550 seems like a good deal, though I have used&abused several Epson photo printers since a few yrs now - in your price range I would also consider the Epson Stylus Photo 900...

It might be a good idea to compare ink and (photo) paper prices as well, that stuff is more expensive than you would expect... :wink:

oh, and if you're into quality - forget about 3rd party ink cartridges or refills. Paper is a different story...

I have a canon BJC-8200, top of the line 2 yrs ago. It prints real nice but beware...it's nowhere near as nice as actual prints.

They look nice from a foot or so away, but anything less than 6 inches you can see the bad blending. And one more important thing....this is ink on paper, so it may bleed. I put some ink jet prints in my portfolio with my actual photo prints and the ink from the ink jet prints stuck to the facing pic...bad news.

I've been using an Epson Sytlus Photo 830 for a while now and am very pleased with the print quality and one nice feature it has is that it can print right upto the edge of the paper if you want.

Whatever you choose, I would recommend you get a printer that has seperate color cartridges. Saves on ink and the color reproduction is always better. Better yet would be to get one that utilizes 7 cartridges. Black, Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, light cyan, light magenta, light yellow.

edit: Epson would be my choice btw.

doxx said:
the HP 7550 seems like a good deal, though I have used&abused several Epson photo printers since a few yrs now - in your price range I would also consider the Epson Stylus Photo 900...

It might be a good idea to compare ink and (photo) paper prices as well, that stuff is more expensive than you would expect... :wink:

oh, and if you're into quality - forget about 3rd party ink cartridges or refills. Paper is a different story...

thats the exact printer i have(the epson). Im in love with that printer. for the money i paid for it...i couldnt be happier..

md

Most reactions

New Topics

Back