Homeless Man

nerwin

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
nickerwin.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I went to check out this really old road bridge that was turned into a pedestrian bridge and this guy was sitting at the picnic table in that position for 3 hours staring at the ground. It was actually really sad to see. I believe he was homeless because under the bridge there was tents and others washing their clothes in the river. It's not something I really see where I live.

I was taking pictures of the bridge but I didn't feel like taking picture if this man out of respect but before I left I decided to put on my telephoto and snap one from a distance anyways because I kind of felt like I had to. It really makes me want to know what his story was and what he was thinking about...but he didn't seem like he wanted to be bothered.

Erwin-170611-10984.jpg

I went to check out this really old road bridge that was turned into a pedestrian bridge and this guy was sitting at the picnic table in that position for 3 hours staring at the ground. It was actually really sad to see. I believe he was homeless because under the bridge there was tents and others washing their clothes in the river. It's not something I really see where I live.

I was taking pictures of the bridge but I didn't feel like taking picture if this man out of respect but before I left I decided to put on my telephoto and snap one from a distance anyways because I kind of felt like I had to. It really makes me want to know what his story was and what he was thinking about...but he didn't seem like he wanted to be bothered.

View attachment 141478

You could have sat down and talked to him. More than likely, you missed an opportunity to enrich your life and possibly his.

View attachment 141478

You could have sat down and talked to him. More than likely, you missed an opportunity to enrich your life and possibly his.

Everytime someone walked by him, he would pretend he was sleeping, so I dunno. I'm not good when it comes to this stuff as I'm antisocial.

And now you will never know as to why he was homeless. Sometimes its easier just going up and asking to take the photo, this way it breaks the ice and can lead onto other conversation.

I've grown up around homelessness(Ireland has a huge problem with it). There are some genuine people who lost everything in the recession and then there are junkies/crackheads/druggies who are also homeless which I have no sympathy for, they would steal your camera given the chance, I can spot these from a far. Growing up seeing homelessness sort of desensitizes and make you immune.

It is a good shot though, I'd maybe crop the top a bit or that could be my screen

Most reactions

Back