Honest Opinion, please.

ChrisFACE

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Please let me know what you think and if you have any suggestions.

All images taken with Canon 550D/EOS Rebel T2i and kit lens 17-55mm, no filters just imaging software

tumblr_l769b30uZ91qcgs81o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_l71xjiIxW41qcgs81o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_l6r2yy4T6W1qcgs81o1_r1_1280.jpg

tumblr_l6r3yroDwH1qcgs81o1_r3_1280.jpg

2 is a nice framing of the subject, but other than that, none of the other photos really do anything for me.

1. Lacks subject, a nice texture was captured... But so was a bunch of OOF seaside equipment.

3. Is overexposed and the focus was missed.

4. Appears to be blurry, out of focus and grainy in addition to lacking a lot of color definition.

I won't comment on composition because that is something I am working on but I am familiar with the technical aspects of a photo. I guess it's your style but judging from your other work, you seem to have problems with blown highlights.

Yes, dont shoot RAW so a lot of that information is lost and I try to correct it in editing software but I am not very good yet. I just got my camera about 3 weeks ago. Still a lot to learn.

Thank you.

Thank you for your honesty. I have a lot of improving to do. I thought these were pretty good until I read your reply and now I can take my emotion out of it and see the problems you addressed.

#2 is nice. Crop the right side so that gray thing is removed.

I like 1 and 2 though you've got to watch exposure a bit so you don't lose detail in the sky and sidewalks respectively. If there was more of a subject in the foreground of the first image I'd like it more.

Thank you for your honesty. I have a lot of improving to do. I thought these were pretty good until I read your reply and now I can take my emotion out of it and see the problems you addressed.
It's amazing how much better you will get by reading critiques from this forum. I've learned so much and still have a long way to go. But always remember, don't try and make us happy. If you are happy with an image/style/scene/etc. don't let anyone try to tell you that you can't be.

Btw, I like number 2. If the taxi wasn't there I think it would be even better.

Is it just me or there's no images?

I tried reloading about 4 times (sometimes I think my connection loads too fast to download the pics) but I'm not getting any images.

Most reactions

Back