Hong Kong - A Pearl at Night [Panorama]

Terence Yam

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.terenceyam.net
That's where I live~
Night_pano2s.jpg

very nice photo :D .. im curious, what's the file size on your photo? .. im on a cable modem and it took over 15 seconds to load, and i only got to half the photo :(

I'm wondering the same thing....I did get the whole image, after many many foot-tapping seconds....

Fantastic panoramic image, btw..... love the glow and reflections - eye candy! :thumbsup:

Nice one Terrance!

The photo is big, but I think the connection to the server that is hosting his photos might be slow.

It's beautiful!!

Regarding size, it is 375k. I played with it with ImageReady and I can easily get it to under 150k with almost no jpg artifacts.

Nice photo.

I agree with Twist that the slow display. Is do too host server. There are several threads on TPF with a lot of photos and they do not display slow.

My advise is for Terrance to reduce the file size. I've not been able to view hardly any of his submissions b/c of the size and I'm on a T1.

I love this :) It's perfect.

I wasn't paying attention on how long it took to load. I have a bunch of pages loading for this forum at the same time while doing other things. *shrug*. But either way, a small file size is better because there are a lot of impatient and lazy people.

photong said:
But either way, a small file size is better because there are a lot of impatient and lazy people.

Is that really necessary?! Gimme a break. Sorry, we're not all as perfectly patient and nonlazy as you... some of us have slow old computers, some have slow dialup lines. You shouldn't be so quick to cookiecutter and label people. Some things just make sense, like it shouldn't take a minute to load up a picture.

Niiiiiice!

I've wanted to travel to Hong Kong since I was 14 (thanks to the novels of Mr. James Clavell).

This is a postcard perfect capture... well taken.

It's been a year or two since I was last in Hong Kong but your pic makes me wanna be back there!
If my memory serves me I remember it being brighter and more colorful at night, could this be a result of the Chinese takeover?
Always loved Hong Kong but then nostalgia ain't what it used to be.

My friend's on her way to Thailand tomorrow and she has a stopover in Hong Kong, but unfortunately she doesn't get to stay long.

From what I hear there are some great package deals for Hong Kong right now. Apparently they're trying to give a boost to the tourism since SARs scared a lot of people off.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back