Hong Kong airport pics...I love planes!

suryad

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I was bored and these were my first out of the country pics with my new EOS 20D 17-85 lens kit.

Panoramic shot made of 3 pics. 1st attempt.
HK_panoramic.jpg

View out of the waiting area.
IMG_0659.jpg

Those buildings reminded me of the Cingular/ATT bars...
IMG_0662.jpg

A plane loading up
IMG_0666.jpg

I love Jumbos!
IMG_0669.jpg

Side profile of the Jumbo...
IMG_0670.jpg

Took me a few tries...hard to focus through the glass and I only had a UV filter and no polarizer filter.
IMG_0688.jpg

Interior shot of where we were waiting
IMG_0691.jpg

Ceiling shot taken by my friend on my camera
IMG_0708.jpg

I love travelling and I love airports and planes. Hope you all enjoy it.:blushing:

the last has to be my favourite followed be the other indpor shot and the panoramic shot, its a shame you didnt have a telephoto lens to work with and get some good close-ups

Thanks Rob Bada Gora and duncanp for the kind words. The panoramic turned out great and I think I was lucky. The window reflection however kind of takes away from the pic it bugs me a lot.

I wish I had the moolah for the telephoto lens!! I was out of money...after getting the camera, the lens and a 2 gig flash card!

I like the shot of the plane loading up and the ceiling shot...good way to pass the time, just wish you had straightened them out and boosted the contrast in some a bit...otherwise, cool shots.

I have been here a few times, and this airport is quite a sight! they took down a mountain, and bulldozed it into the sea, to gain the flat land needed for an airport. , and it is huge!

cool shots here!

Yes I have been to the old airport before and when the plane was landing it had to sort of fly through the city and land...and when you look out the window it feels like you were going to go and land into the ocean itself!

The opposite side of what I took pictures off is actually the ocean as you will notice in one of the Jumbo shots. It was quite an experience to be there.

Once again thank your for your comments. I never noticed that my shots were tilted and thank you for bringing it to my attention.

Great series. I love the first.
If I may add some crittics: all your horizons are rotated and I find that a little disturbing. Should be easy to solve with Photoshop's free transformation tool though. That would improve them a lot IMO.

Keep shooting and post more :)
Cheers, Jeroen

Jeroen, thanks for the critique. It was the first time I started taking pics with the camera and I really didnt notice that the horizons were rotated. I didnt even have the eye for it. Thanks I have never used Photoshop before but I will do what you said. Thanks once again everyone.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back