Hope my daughter didn't ruin this photographers day too badly.

Thank you all for the folks that got the funny. To those that didn't....lighten up. No one lost their job, and LifeTouch made a sale they normally wouldn't get. I have spoken with my daughter since the incident again, and simply asked that she refrain from hijinks in the future with school pictures.

As far as commentary goes, I also belong to POTN (Photography On The Net). On that board, I got over 500+ responses. The overwhelming majority felt that both my daughter and I should be stoned to death, then burnt. Somehow I was turned into some sort of dead beat parent with no skills, and my daughter a teenage delinquent responsible for the taking down of LifeTouch, the beloved school photography company. And the hapless photographer is no doubt now homeless and cannot feed his family.

I won't link to it, but I use the same user name here if you need a glimpse into the crazy.

Thank you all for the folks that got the funny. To those that didn't....lighten up. No one lost their job, and LifeTouch made a sale they normally wouldn't get. I have spoken with my daughter since the incident again, and simply asked that she refrain from hijinks in the future with school pictures.

As far as commentary goes, I also belong to POTN (Photography On The Net). On that board, I got over 500+ responses. The overwhelming majority felt that both my daughter and I should be stoned to death, then burnt. Somehow I was turned into some sort of dead beat parent with no skills, and my daughter a teenage delinquent responsible for the taking down of LifeTouch, the beloved school photography company. And the hapless photographer is no doubt now homeless and cannot feed his family.

I won't link to it, but I use the same user name here if you need a glimpse into the crazy.

They will get over it.

photographers that think this is funny? seriously? the poor photog was just doing his job. if your daughter knew you weren't going to buy, just don't take the photo or just do it quick and get it over with instead of being obnoxious and making the guy's job harder. the photog's employers have expectations of him; being able to control brats like your daughter with a smile would be hard work. hope he doesn't lose his job over this. and then other brats do the same thing? hope all their parents didn't want pics either. then you as a PARENT think your daughter treating this guy like dirt and causing him problems is hysterical really sends a lousy message to your kid. guess you don't spend much time at home teaching your kid about respect and realizing life doesn't revolve around me, me, me. let's hope that when your spoiled child gets a little older you don't have serious issues when it backfires on you.

That seems a bit judgmental and harsh. His daughter didn't treat the photog like dirt, she just chose not to do the standard smile. I would probably buy that photo over a regular posed shot. It shows personality, and will most certainly be a more memorable moment when looking back 10 years from now.

The one time I bought my daughter's class preschool shot was the shot you couldn't see her in the group ... she must have been having a meltdown. All you see is what appears to be an empty chair, but after looking closer, I noticed she was just bent completely over. I couldn't help but buy that one! :)

In regards to the other kids following suit, I hardly think its fair to hold a junior high student accountable for the actions of her peers. Calling the kids spoiled brats is uncalled for.

So remove the name calling, and vfotog has a very, very valid point. Personally, I would've opted to send the kid on her way, and not give her the satisfaction of mugging for the camera. And, if kids after her did it as well, it's a fair bet they're doing it because of her; that's no great stretch, at all.

Hopefully, one day, turnabout will be fair play, and the young lady in question receives her comeuppance...

lol Sound like a bunch of 50+ whiners with sticks up their asses and ignorance about kids being kids. Not everyone is going to act "normal like everyone else" nor should they. I would have laughed at all of them and told them to get over it and find something legit to insult someone about.

I mean all those points are just ridiculous. If they did think all those things then they need a serious does of reality.

I'm afraid your daughter might be headed to a career working at some place like College Humor. Or The Daily Show. Or, God forbid, at Mad Magazine or some other horrible job, like being a writer for Parks And Recreation or something else that's absolutely awful, and which makes millions of dollars monthly, and has millions of fans...

Photography on the Net - gah that place can be scary big at times! Sadly sometimes once a thread takes a direction it will go forever sour as it shifts away from the original topic and more into a rant against generalities.

Photography on the Net - gah that place can be scary big at times! Sadly sometimes once a thread takes a direction it will go forever sour as it shifts away from the original topic and more into a rant against generalities.

Sounds familiar.

Sounds familiar.

TPF threads hardly get to 20+pages of ranting though (we are far faster at intercepting them ;)) Plus we generally don't have many of them happening all at once over the whole site ;)

Sounds familiar.

TPF threads hardly get to 20+pages of ranting though (we are far faster at intercepting them ;)) Plus we generally don't have many of them happening all at once over the whole site ;)
I'll definitely give you that much. ;)

I think it's funny. My cousin showed up for picture day in a full pirate costume once. Best yearbook picture EVER!

Most reactions

Back