Hope this is the right place to post...

schuylercat

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
...Relative to film photography.

I have 20,000 or so mounted and unmounted slides of shots taken years ago when I was shooting motor racing and starving. I have a lot of others as well, including family, landscapes, flora, etc.

I used to digitize these with a Nikon Coolscan LS-20 scanner. That was a long time ago.

Naturally, Nikon no longer supports my scanner and wants to sell me a new box - I could care less, since I can't afford one, and I don't shoot film professionally anymore.

Thing is, I had this dang scanner working GREAT a month and a half ago before my old computer blowed up (poof! Bye bye, 3 months on un-backed-up family photos!).

So: does anyone here use, or know of anyone who uses, this antique? If so...can anyone send me the driver for the Coolscan LS-20 or point me to it?

I have tried installing LS30, LS40, LS2000 and other drivers - no go, and I cannot for the life of me recall where I found the one that was working a few months ago.

Help!

Hi Coldow91 - thanks, but I have crawled the Nikon site and they don't have the old drivers anywhere - the drivers used to be bundled into the NikonScan software, and they pulled support on the LS-20. Still works on the LS-30, though...if only I had waited a month or two...

I've been on the Driverfiles site already - it's referencing a file I cannot find: it allows DriverDetective to be installed, which is a lovely little bit of spyware/crapware that failed to do anything it said it could do, then took half an hour to clean off my hard drive. There is no live link to get the "driver2070.zip" file they talk about.

Thanks for trying, though - any help is always appreciated!

Cheers.

I have a very old and slow SCSI LS-10. The drivers for it must run on WIN 95B. If you want to try them, I can dig out the box and floppy and see if it can still be read. PM me if you want me to dig it out so I see it right away. My net 'puter is always on.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back