Hopefully last question about lenses. THANKS! Ready to BUY!

not so sure I'm feeling that lens then...

maybe I'll just go prime but I'd like not to if possible.

I only have one body and to constantly have to switch is a little unrealistic and a lot to carry.

I only have one body and to constantly have to switch is a little unrealistic and a lot to carry.

I agree.

If I really need the shallow DOF, I use the 50mm f/1.8. Otherwise, the 17-70 is on my body at all times. I have other lenses, but I never really need them.

Not great bokeh but pretty sharp? I think I might go with the one you recommended, the Sigma EX 17-50m F/2.8 HSM DC OS, Sigma EX DF Aspherical 28-70mm F/2.8 Lens For Nikon, Sigma EX DG 24-60mm F/2.8 Lens For Nikon, or the Sigma DC Aspherical Macro IF 17-70mm F/2.8-4.5. Would you be partial to any of those? Thanks BTW
[h=1][/h]

Do you drink vast amounts of coffee?

AMOMENT said:
I primarily would like to purchase two lenses. I think I've narrowed them down.

1. A lens that performs well in low light/zoom/MACRO (which would also serve to replace my kit lens and be a "walk around lens.") Such as one of these: Either the SIGMA 24-70mm Macro 2.8 zoom, Sigma EX DG 24-60 2.8, Sigma EX DF Aspherical 28-70mm F/2.8 Lens For Nikon $330,Sigma EX 18-50mm F/2.8 Lens $418Sigma EX DG Aspherical Macro 24-70mm 2.8 Lens $499, or the Sigma EX DF Aspherical 28-70mm F/2.8 Lens For Nikon $330.

and a

2. A wide angle or lens capable of taking large group pictures.

Any way I can avoid getting a wide angle lens and still take large group pics?

I ,personally, like the 24-70 2.8 buttttttt that may not be wide enough at times indoors. On the other hand, the 18-50 might not be long enough for some shots. Since you have the 18-55 kit already, maybe get the 24-70, and use both bodies. The d3100( assuming you still have it) with the kit lens, the d7000 with the 24/70. I would add another flash.

These are my opinions. Only you know what would work for you.

Have you considered the Tamron 28-75 2.8 lens? It has a great reputation, works well in low light and has above average image quality. It runs about $500, which for the price and quality are a great fit.

Bitter Jeweler said:
After 5 threads of this, I would argue against that.

Lmfao!

There is no lens that will do all of the things you want and do it well. I shoot Canon, but I have a 100mm f2.8 for macro, 35mm f1.4 for walk around and group shot lens, sometimes 17-40 for really big group shots in tight places. There are a number of macro 50mm lenses, but they won't be wide enough for big group shots on a crop sensor. I agree with the others that something in the 17-50 range will probably work for you.

Only you know what would work for you.

After 5 threads of this, I would argue against that.

I agree which is why I needed some major opinions and reviews from you guys. Some of this is another language to me just as your potentially being able to tell me (my field) where and which specific mood disorders in the DSMv would be classified and why.
(without googling) As well as being able to tell me the best behavior mods for children with Autism or any spectrum disorder.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back