Hopefully the last one...

doenoe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.daanschouwe.nl
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
...of the butterfly threads. The weather is getting a bit better here, but its not warm enough for the bugs to come out of their hiding spots. So i just went to the zoo again and visited the butterfly exhibit (offcourse). The sun was shining into the greenhouse from time to time, so some of the shots even got some background colors. Cant get any groovier then that :lol:
#1 even got a flying one this time
Artis492.jpg

#2 Some fullbody shots
Artis493.jpg

Artis494.jpg

Artis495.jpg

Artis496.jpg

Artis497.jpg

#7 Im pretty happy with this one, cause these kind of butterflies almost never open their wings while resting. So its pretty hard to get a shot of this beautifull blue color.
Artis498.jpg

#8 Got in a bit closer
Artis499.jpg

Artis500.jpg

#10 And some caterpillers
Artis501.jpg

Artis502.jpg

Thanks for looking
Greetz Daan

Nice work as always. Have you changed your setup? I like these, but a couple look they could use a little more light, maybe slightly flat?

I spent quite a bit of time looking a these and I hope that you keep bringing us more. In particular, you present the images with some context and that requires skill. Nice work.

Nice work as always. Have you changed your setup? I like these, but a couple look they could use a little more light, maybe slightly flat?
Well, these days when im going to the exhibit, i shoot with the flash in one hand and the camera in the other. I got one of those cactus flash triggers, which give me the chance to fire the flash wirelessly. Its pretty cool to get the light from different angles. But indeed, sometimes they come out a bit darker. Since its one of the cheaper triggers, ttl doesnt work. So i just move the flash closer or further away to change the amount of light (takes too long to push the buttons) and sometimes (alot actually) i miss the good distance. But i can still enjoy the pic, so i can live with it then :)
But im rather done with butterflies now, im glad spring is coming. Cant wait to get out and shoot the wild bugs again. Im probably gonna shoot with the flash on-camera first and later on im gonna try and shoot the wild bugs wirelessly too. Should be good fun :)
Thanks for the comment :D
I spent quite a bit of time looking a these and I hope that you keep bringing us more. In particular, you present the images with some context and that requires skill. Nice work.
Thanks for the compliment :) Im hoping i can bring some more shots. But there is a chance there will be other bugs in the pic then :)

Were those butterflies behind a glass? If they were how did you came up with such a clear shoots?

Thanks

long time no see thread to you

Beautiful shots

7 is unique!
yeah, im still pretty happy with #7. And has been a while indeed. Crappy weather, busy at work.......not time to take pics. But spring is coming again, so be ready for a bug overload when it gets a bit warmer :mrgreen:
Were those butterflies behind a glass? If they were how did you came up with such a clear shoots?

Thanks
Hey there
No those butterflies werent behind glass. They live in a greenhouse and people can walk around in that greenhouse. They got all kinds of butterflies and different plants and trees. Its a pretty cool place to walk around and its even cooler to take pics. So i dont have to worry about the glass thing :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back