Horizon Question

JasonLambert

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ok, So I went back out and shot the covered bridge again. I didn't get up as early as I wanted but was able to get a few shots before 9am. The sun was giving me a bit of trouble in a few of them. Let me know what you think.

4688347466_998230a323_b.jpg

4688345948_c60123b7a4_b.jpg

4687711037_1045523c51_b.jpg

4687710165_dbde6f9d36_b.jpg

4687708793_374a8c4d19_b.jpg

Last edited:
no. 4 is best imo. it has personality, interest and great colors

lol... Crap! I just realized what I did... I have a horizon question that I wanted to post but got on to the bridge cc first... Whoopsies!

Nice shots BUT the Horizon is all messed up :)
Did you use 18-55 ?

David, I do like the way #4 turned out. It was plagued with light problems but with a ton of fun in Lightroom I was able to come up with a pleasing artistic rendering of the bridge.

#4 rocks. Honestly. The light isn't problematic as much as it adds a TON of warmth and character to the image. The 'haze' just rocks. I might selectively darken the dark areas (if you do it globally you risk de-hazing the image) just to increase the overall tonal footprint, but... I really, really like #4 out of the set.

4 definitely caught my eye as well, I like the amount of light entering the lens...was there any flare that you took out in PP? mind posting the original of it?

Opening the post with the close-up shot of the wagon wheel made a very natural lead-in to the 2nd and 3rd shots. The opening photo made these MUCH more compelling than the bridge shots that went 13 hours with no comments...this post already has more activity than the first. I saw the first post, but felt the photos lacked immediacy, and I really didn't have much to say about the first post with its bridge shots. ON this post however, I immediately felt much more engaged by the photos, which are more dynamic,and well, just seem better to me. Just thought I would pass that observation along.

Thanks guys... I will post the original just so you can see how I didn't intend the shot to look... If it were not for Lightroom, this shot wouldn't exist.

4688836832_b707ce4ee2_b.jpg

I started working with it just to see what I could do. This is SOOC.

Thanks Derrel... As usual, I agree. The first post was not my best photographs. Thanks for taking the time to comment.

Most reactions

Back