Horror story and some good news

Tarnished

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So I had an interesting experience last week and got some very exciting news today so I had to share.

So horror story first,

On January first I got a gig shooting at a wedding for my sisters best friend because she's seen some of my pictures and wanted to know if I could photograph her wedding. Of course I said yes. Well, I got there and was advised by the groom that the bride wanted me to use HER camera. Well it was a nightmare because first, I had never seen this camera before, secondly I had never used the camera or any camera like it. It was a cannon EOS Digital Rebel Xs and I've never seen that camera in actuality other than online and never used a cannon camera period. I'm glad the bride was late because it gave me time to figure it out and I was very pleased with the results although I would never buy the camera, I couldn't stand the thing although it produced very nice pictures.

But anyways onto the good news. I've been wanting for a long time to photograph horses so I used Uncle Henrys, a classifieds service in Maine and Florida and posted an online ad asking for people in my area who would allow me to photograph their horses or if anyone was needing their horses photographed and someone contacted me who, this spring, wants me to go to their rehibilitation center through the fish and game service in Maine and photograph the orphaned and baby animals that are coming in. She told me she's been looking for someone to photograph them but the people she's looked into have been charging an arm and a leg and she wanted to know if I would do it. I told her she could pay me what she wanted because honestly I'm not in it for the money, just the pleasure of photographing and the experience. Now although it's not equine like I was wanting, I am beyond thrilled to be given this opportunity and I cannot wait. I also did get an email from a lady about an hour away from me who wants me to photograph her horses so today has been an extravagant day for me.

And on top of it all, I'm getting film for the Asahi Pentax my dad gave to me so I will finally be able to play with it. It's an old camera but I love the lenses that he has and it's my first experience with lenses of any kind (I've always used digital and such) so I'm thrilled!

LOL @ HORROR STORY

what are you shooting usually?

Haha yeah. I'm just glad that she was happy with the pictures. Once I got the hang of it I was good but I was about ready to shoot myself I was so afraid that I wasn't going to get the shots she wanted 0.o

Usually I just shoot what is around me. I've got three cats, two guinea pigs, my sister has a dog, and whatever I find while outside for wildlife and plants and such. For a long time I've been itching to try and find horses I can photograph to see what I can make of it so I finally decided to act upon my itch.

What kind of camera do you typically use? I would of shot with what I was comfortable with. At least she likes the shots

I've got a Nikon. I've only used nikon camera's extensively and this cannon was above and beyond my head at first. Normally I would have used mine anyways but she is an old family friend so I kind of let it slide. If I hadn't have been able to figure it out I would have used mine but I had enough time to figure it out and produce shots I was happy with.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back