horse face

Why do I keep expencting to see Sarah Jessica Parker in this thread? :scratch:

hahahaaha, and no i didn't intend to add shadows, but after applying a filter it darkened it up, and masking it off didn't look right so i left it.

the change in the second one is an unsharp mask contrast adjustment on that dark part of the face and a curves adjustment

heres another edit, i like it in bw too, i'm not really sure what to do with this pic.

horseface2sml.jpg

Can I have your permission to edit your first horse photo under this thread? I note that your photos are generally not OK to be edited.

OK, I have tested all these three by now. Surely it's a personal choice, still, I want to show you the version that I would choose without doubt.

Read you later.

When I opened the thread, the first impression was rather a visualization of this picture in a b/w print. Your frame made a potentially stark contrast come out.

That said, I do think, for the purpose of a nature shot, the color version in #1 serves you right except the mentioned edge problem. You fixed that in #2, but the saturation of the colors there went a tad mad.

Voilà, here's my imperfect take. Good night.

newrmdmike.jpg

I think the darkness takes away from it a little bit. I think it would be more compelling with a light blurred background, but very well composed this is cool!

I had a similar photo of a cow, unfortunately I was using old fujichrome so it turned out crappy :(

edit: whoops, exactly like mike did, exactly what I was thinking

thanks guys . . . i think this one could both ways, color or black and white . . . but i'll stick with the color.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back