Horse pictures.

HorsePoornBigSky

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
These are some pictures I took yesterday. I took some on action mode and program mode. When on the program mode I put it on cloudy (WB). It was cloudy out but it made the pictures very warm. So I used a auto color correction and resoluted with these. I also tried to remember not to put the subject in the middle but I think that's going to be a hard habbit to break. Thank you for looking. Any tips, comments, suggestions are more than welcomed.

IMG_0538copy.jpg

IMG_0555copy.jpg

IMG_0561copy.jpg

IMG_0584copy.jpg

IMG_0600copy.jpg

IMG_0630copy.jpg

IMG_0639copy.jpg

IMG_0660copy.jpg

IMG_0807copy.jpg

IMG_0824copy.jpg

IMG_0688copy.jpg

7 was great. She looks very pretty in 2. (assuming she's female... I don't recall if you said.) :)

On a purely technical perspective, looks like some of these could benefit from a bit of a saturation push. It seemed most notable on 1. The colors just seemed a little muted. A little contrast boost and shapening here and there would also make them pop a little more I think.

IMO Horses are pretty and all, but when they're just standing around they can be kinda dull unless they are part of a larger scene. It's always neat to see them running though. Again, 7 was cool. Shows the powerful animal in motion.

11 looked like it would have been GREAT if you could have gotten the border collie in the shot... looks like they were playing. Some breeds of dogs and horses play really well together and it makes an AWESOME shot. Somewhere I have a series of my first Corgi tearing up a field with a beautiful Morgan (bitchy horse, but loved my dog). Very neat.

So I guess my thoughts are... you have a beautiful animal, now try to get shots that are more about what the animal does and means... show personality if there is some... show scenery to compliment it, etc. Looks like she was in a fenced in area, so the latter might be tough.

You could also consider pulling the crop in tighter... like just on her head and neck and really bring out those details and the powerful muscles. The muscles on horses are absolutely mesmerizing. Powerful damned animals.

In 1 you could have pulled it in to just her face. Sharpen it a bit and bring out those whiskers. Would make a really interesting shot I think.

Just some random thoughts. Hope they're helpful.

Most reactions

Back