Horse & Senior session from tonight.

She had some pretty fun props! Iron man t-shirt, she's wearing an necklace from (I think) The Who!

Dr Who! I think it's a little tardis. A necklace from The Who would be pretty cool though.

I like the photos, Super warm and summery. They're flattering but still nice and natural. Might ditch the butt though, or crop it to be less butt-like.

As with everyone else, 6/8 are awesome.

I really like #1 the best though!
I think having her hair out of her face, and maybe being able to see a revealed side profile with her eye and facial structure would have added a lot since you can see all of the with the horse

As with everyone else, 6/8 are awesome.

I really like #1 the best though!
I think having her hair out of her face, and maybe being able to see a revealed side profile with her eye and facial structure would have added a lot since you can see all of the with the horse

I agree about the hair, it's been kinda bugging me since I shot it. The horse had major ADHD and I had one shot per pose on everything I would try and he would be off to the next weed pile to chew on. I wish I had her whole profile. :-(

As a horse person, I don't love the first and 3rd shot. The cropping of the horse is not appealing to my eye. I would have liked to see more of the horse (you almost want to...match the amount of body between horse and person, even possibly to the front legs. Right now I feel it looks like the horse head is just floating.
The rest of the shots are more pleasing to my eye.
This can be a bit more of an attractive angle (don't mind this picture, I had to rely on my very non photography mom to take it. We were euthanizing my mare the next week and I needed to get pictures of us together)
408008370.jpg

Last edited:
It's a good set overall. My favorite is the green chair - completely awesome shot!

#2, I'd clone out the lead rope.
#4, I'd clone out the branches behind the horse (as someone has already suggested.)
#7, I'd either figure out some alternate cropping, or trash it all together. That blue shirt is dominant in the frame and the angle its shot at emphasizes her armpit and breast instead of her face.

#6 is apparently the star of this shoot; as I'm sure you're well aware; but I'll also toss my vote in for it also.

I really like them. The exposure is spot on, the lighting is flattering, and the focus is tack sharp. My only nit-pick is the harsh rear-lighting in the third shot. The highlights are blown, and it causes there to be little definition on her face/profile.

Jake

As a horse person, I don't love the first and 3rd shot. The cropping of the horse is not appealing to my eye. I would have liked to see more of the horse (you almost want to...match the amount of body between horse and person, even possibly to the front legs. Right now I feel it looks like the horse head is just floating.
The rest of the shots are more pleasing to my eye.
This can be a bit more of an attractive angle (don't mind this picture, I had to rely on my very non photography mom to take it. We were euthanizing my mare the next week and I needed to get pictures of us together)
408008370.jpg

Thank you, it was a new thing for me, and the horse was very uninterested in anything but the food on the ground. Next time I get an opportunity to photograph a horse, I'll work on those suggestions!

It's a good set overall. My favorite is the green chair - completely awesome shot!

#2, I'd clone out the lead rope.
#4, I'd clone out the branches behind the horse (as someone has already suggested.)
#7, I'd either figure out some alternate cropping, or trash it all together. That blue shirt is dominant in the frame and the angle its shot at emphasizes her armpit and breast instead of her face.

I agree with all but #7. I LOVE how the blue shirt draws my eyes straight to her eyes. I usually pose the arms that way to create a leading line to the eyes. As I look at it critically, I do see that the white trim on the front of her shirt leads my eye to her breast and away from her face. Not sure I could crop it any differently. It's cropped in PS, so I could go back to the original and maybe give her more room in the image?

I really like them. The exposure is spot on, the lighting is flattering, and the focus is tack sharp. My only nit-pick is the harsh rear-lighting in the third shot. The highlights are blown, and it causes there to be little definition on her face/profile.

Jake

Thank you. I think that is a fairly easy fix on the third shot. I wanted it to almost highlight her, but maybe I pushed it a little too far.

I agree with all but #7. I LOVE how the blue shirt draws my eyes straight to her eyes. I usually pose the arms that way to create a leading line to the eyes. As I look at it critically, I do see that the white trim on the front of her shirt leads my eye to her breast and away from her face. Not sure I could crop it any differently. It's cropped in PS, so I could go back to the original and maybe give her more room in the image?

Those shots just always scream "armpit" to me.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back