What's new

Hot Air Balloon Festival (9 photos)

EmilyM

TPF Noob!
Joined
Dec 11, 2005
Messages
105
Reaction score
13
Location
Dallas, GA
I spent 2 weeks in Montreal in August with my boyfriend who is heavily into hot air ballooning (he's working on getting his license). So, every year he works at this balloon festival in his town and I went this past year to help as well. These may qualify more as snapshots, because they aren't that great (this was the VERY beginning of my learning photography). I still enjoy some of these though, so I wanted to share them! From my archives:

1. (He's not making any bad gestures, no worries ;) )
DSCF0276.jpg


2.
DSCF0307.jpg


3.
DSCF0312.jpg


4.
DSCF0325.jpg


5.
DSCF0357.jpg


6.
DSCF0372.jpg


7.
DSCF0375.jpg


8.
DSCF0381.jpg


9.
DSCF0332.jpg
 
Verbal said:
Cool shots! I'd be terrified, but I wanna do it sometime!

I was very excited for my first ride, but 2 hours later I was freezing and ready to be done (morning flight). You should definintely do it! It's not as scary as you might think (unless you're afraid of heights). :)
 
something I've always wanted to try:D
number 8 does it for me..beautiful graphic shot.:thumbup:
 
Great shots and you lucky dog. One of the few things I have not flown in yet. Must have been a bast.

Eric
 
Great shots! I'm terrified of heights, so I'll leave all the ballooning photos to you - looks like you've got it covered! Love #8!

Rob
 
Thanks everyone! It was a blast, and I hope I get to do it again this year. We'll see!

I have several more, that aren't as good. Most of the pictures from my flight were blurry. :( The ones from the ground were difficult to get because I had so little time. Once the balloon was gone, we had to jump in the car to chase it.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom