What's new

hot brakes.

Fadi

TPF Noob!
Joined
Apr 8, 2005
Messages
86
Reaction score
1
Location
Alexandria VA
I really like this picture in the sence I was able to capture it. Night shots are hard to get when your subject is going 150+mph, and you don't have press credentials and have to sit in the stands :) Here's a Maserati at Road Atlanta turn 10a, runing in Petite LeMans, a 12 hour endurance race back in September. Race cars use a lot of brakes to slow down from 200mph in the straights down to about 100mph for the next couple of turns. Brakes glow a nice red, and some of the faster cars will get front and rear brakes glowing. Not my best shot, but one I liked because i did get it after about 30 shots of misses/blurs/too dark/etc. More pictures here

38664847-L.jpg
 
Although a bit blury, yet it looks great. Besides i loved the lighting :)
 
Yeah, I had to pan a little bit, as you can tell by the background. You should see the ones that didn't make it :p After many misses, I ended up shooting this at 1/60 f4.5 with flash to help freeze the car. Hopefully next time, I'll be more skilled in the ninja art of automotive photography..
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom