My People at the tractor show photo assignment

jcdeboever

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I had three assignments this day. I decided to add one of my own that may help me for my street shooting. Goal was to get at least three elements, get in close, frame good. Project from Hedgecoe book. Note, all converted in camera, no edits, one crop (square one) just scale downed in Gimp. 18-55 OIS on an XT2. Poor light conditions, very slow shutter speeds.

1. First shot, forgot to turn off my focus assist lamp. I new it right away as she knew I was taking a picture of her pretty self. Elements: kid looking to buy, pretty salesperson, ex-prez's.
peepspa (7).jpg

2. Elements: Guy taking break, Unusual seat / gesture, tractor
peepspa.jpg

3. Elements: Intense interested man, movement from hit and miss motors, American Flag. Added bonus was the depth of running motors.
peepspa (6).jpg

4. Elements: two men, hand gesture, tractor parts, deep conversation.
peepspa (5).jpg

5. Elements: May have failed here but I just like the look of the super nice old man.
peepspa (4).jpg

6. Elements: Old man, back drop, car to left
peepspa (2).jpg

7. Old farmer, serious, gesture, tractor,
sign. Believe it or not, the guy didn't know I was taking a pic of him, we started talking after.
peepspa (3).jpg

Some good grabs at the show. Shots 3,4,6,and 7 FTW!

I enjoyed these. You caught some good scenes.

Mostly I focused on the shot of the old man..that's what got me to thinking about ageing and mortality.

I also really like tractors.

I enjoyed these. You caught some good scenes.

Mostly I focused on the shot of the old man..that's what got me to thinking about ageing and mortality.

I also really like tractors.
Thanks. I like the old farmers, they seem to like me too. I am starting to be recognized in the tractor show circles. Not as a great photographer but just a guy that likes being there. I had a few come up to me or remembered me from a previous show, pretty cool.

Sounds like a good deal. I've always liked McNally's on-line video presentations. You did a good job of balancing the flash and the visble ambient light in the first shot: the light ficxtures and the lighting from behind where the flash struck are show believably and well-exposed.

Thanks Derrel. It was well worth the money. Plus the gear that I got at the trade show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

#2 and #7 are my favs. The wide angle of #2 brings a ton of context to the image.

Thanks Gary! GO BLUE!

Going up against my Ducks!

Go Big Green!

#7 is my favorite. there's depth to the expression and posture (one hand on his tractor) you captured.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back