Hot stuff C&C Welcome

KAikens318

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I wish I had had my pro camera for this but I was on my way to work and only had my Panasonic Lumix in the glove compartment. I saw the smoke from miles away, threw on the scanner, and found the fire. I was a little late to work, but it was worth it! Overall not too shabby for a point and shoot. All of these were shot from a block over.

This first one was published on the news

P1050544.jpg

P1050502.jpg

P1050522.jpg

P1050538.jpg

Nice capture.
The first has great feeling. Is that curved object on the left a roof ?
Too bad the fireman in #4 was not looking straight ahead.

Nice capture.
The first has great feeling. Is that curved object on the left a roof ?
Too bad the fireman in #4 was not looking straight ahead.

Yeah, it was an overhang from the house I was next to. There were so many people watching, I couldn't push my way over a few feet to get it out of there. Lol

Nice set. Congratulations on having the 1st picture published.

Thanks! My friend jokes and says that they are going to haul me in for questioning someday because every time there is a big fire in the city, I am on the scene with my camera and the pics are always published on the news. Lol

Is fire-putting-out photography big business in the States or something? There seems to be an awful lot of people on this forum photographing other people's houses burning to the ground. Are you actually paid to accompany the fire brigade or do you just look over the horizon for smoke?!

There is a saying about the news in the USA. It is along the lines of "If it burns or bleeds...it leads". Hence the great interest in fires with the news. Its dramatic and makes a great visual story to be told.

Exactly. I definitely do not relish in the fact that people's houses are burning to the ground, but fires and accidents are all a part of human interest. I am trying to get a job with the local newspaper or the news station so I try to make sure I am at all of these things first. I went to a standoff in the middle of the city three days in a row for hours, ended up getting the photos published. Good stuff to add to the resume. (the photos being published that is, not the subject matter)

Most reactions

Back