House boat

The colours remind me of ancient colourised black and white prints. Interesting effect.

I do like the composition, clear and simple.

The black and white version appears rather flat and without contrast, as if you simply de-saturated a colour image.

What really kills both versions IMHO, is the frame! It appears worst in the b&w version as it does not contrast with the image at all.

i totally agree with you on the frame...i was a bit lazy to remove the frame...and i could have avoided converting the frame in the second :grumpy:

Thank you Alex.... i wonder i missed your comments anywhere till this date( not only in my posts); were you not active for a period?

Thank you for your visit and evaluations :D

Beautiful (the colored one). Lovely colors and composition.
I guess that the boat 2 cm to the right (or less free space on the right) would result on a more balanced image.
Please remove that grain.

I was going to ask about the grain/noise ... since it looks like a bright day, I wondered where it came from. If it was added in post, also I'd suggest you remove it. To my mind it does not help the picture. It is a nice one as is, and doesn't need any added extras. And it ought to be in colour, the b&w does not add anything to it, either. Much to the contrary, I think... You have some very pretty scenes where you live!

And Alex was a tad inactive here on TPF of late, yes, that much is true, which is why I'm double happy to see him posting again.

I like both... I love the simplicity and the composition.

I'm happy you removed the frame as I don't feel it added to the image. I looked for the ISO in the exif but it wasn't mentioned, did you add the grain or was it taken in the evening?

Beautiful (the colored one). Lovely colors and composition.
I guess that the boat 2 cm to the right (or less free space on the right) would result on a more balanced image.
Please remove that grain.

Thank you Actino.... I attempted removing noise in photo.net... but i am not sure how far it was succesful

Regards :D

I was going to ask about the grain/noise ... since it looks like a bright day, I wondered where it came from. If it was added in post, also I'd suggest you remove it. To my mind it does not help the picture. It is a nice one as is, and doesn't need any added extras. And it ought to be in colour, the b&w does not add anything to it, either. Much to the contrary, I think... You have some very pretty scenes where you live!

And Alex was a tad inactive here on TPF of late, yes, that much is true, which is why I'm double happy to see him posting again.

Thank you Lafoto... the grain was not intentional..... time value was 1/800 s

Regards :D

I like both... I love the simplicity and the composition.

I'm happy you removed the frame as I don't feel it added to the image. I looked for the ISO in the exif but it wasn't mentioned, did you add the grain or was it taken in the evening?

The time was towards evening, but not that evening too... i had slightly adjusted the sky color to go with the color of the backwaters and to add some mood.... ISO was 1/800 s

Regards for your visit :D

Yeah I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me with the grain, but everyone else confirmed what I thought I was seeing. I might see about trying to lower the exposure on the clouds to make them a little bit more pronounced, but I like the color photo in general and not really a big fan of the B & W.

I like the second color shot. I personally like the deeper colors and it still has a little too much yellow for my liking. I am far from a professional just giving my opinion

Thank you very much...yellow could have been curtailed a bit :D

Yeah I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me with the grain, but everyone else confirmed what I thought I was seeing. I might see about trying to lower the exposure on the clouds to make them a little bit more pronounced, but I like the color photo in general and not really a big fan of the B & W.

I think the grainy look was also due to sharpening

Thanks for your visit and viewpoint :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back