What's new

How are these?

twostep376

TPF Noob!
Joined
Apr 4, 2010
Messages
29
Reaction score
0
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have been working on two different things: food and city shooting. Very different, but both equally interesting to me. Food is easier for me to be artistic with...city shooting is a tad harder for me...I have trouble (of all things) keeping the camera level so that the images are not too crooked. I know I can fix via PP rotation, but I want to get better at shooting level.

CC please on both the technical details of the exposures and on the compositions.

1.

4539175798_e038778376_b.jpg


2.

4539176556_91d2a66471_b.jpg


3.

4539176188_f78e986064_b.jpg


4.

4536576044_d756edbf6a_b.jpg


5.


4536576326_2607bb4647_b.jpg


6

.
4535944401_092d96c352_b.jpg



7.

4535940813_bf2ae3c744_b.jpg
 
Last edited:
Nice pictures! The last one is a little dark. I think it would be my favorite if it were lighter.

What kind of pie is that?
 
Nice pictures! The last one is a little dark. I think it would be my favorite if it were lighter.

What kind of pie is that?

strawberry rhubarb tart. yum. :thumbup:
 
The architectural photos need some work, but all architectural photos need some work :lol: It's (in my opinion) one of the most difficult things to compose. I have trouble with anything missing a definite subject and with lots of 'clutter' though.
 
The architectural photos need some work, but all architectural photos need some work :lol: It's (in my opinion) one of the most difficult things to compose. I have trouble with anything missing a definite subject and with lots of 'clutter' though.

That's what I was thinking, so I tried to use the clutter to my advantage in some of the shots. The shot with the street signs and traffic light (#4) was my attempt at that. If only I waited for there to be busier traffic and used a slower shutter speed. I think it could have made it looked quite hectic and hustle bustle.

I was also working on hyperfocal focusing in these latter shots (especially the last one and #4). I don't have a distance meeter, but I use a DOFmaster and it seems to be working out OK.
 
#4

There is too much going on in this shot, I cannot focus on any portion. The signs in the foreground block the backround, and the signs are all over the place.


#5
The classic type of city shot. It is not easy, since there are so many buildings so close together. It may be somewhat out of focus. The lightpole in the foreground has to go.

#6
That is a pretty good shot. Tell that driver to slow down...;)
I like panning when the tires show movement as well...next time try to keep the car body a little more still.

#7
If this shot was more in focus, it would be decent. But...I would try this shot in portrait mode. The width cuts off the height and shows too much foreground width and not enough of the height of the buildings.
If you are trying for the width of the street, get a tripod and use a few portrait shots with a panorama type program. I think that would work really well with this shot.


Chicago is one of my favorite cities, and has a world of great opportunities for photos.
 
#4

There is too much going on in this shot, I cannot focus on any portion. The signs in the foreground block the backround, and the signs are all over the place.


#5
The classic type of city shot. It is not easy, since there are so many buildings so close together. It may be somewhat out of focus. The lightpole in the foreground has to go.

#6
That is a pretty good shot. Tell that driver to slow down...;)
I like panning when the tires show movement as well...next time try to keep the car body a little more still.

#7
If this shot was more in focus, it would be decent. But...I would try this shot in portrait mode. The width cuts off the height and shows too much foreground width and not enough of the height of the buildings.
If you are trying for the width of the street, get a tripod and use a few portrait shots with a panorama type program. I think that would work really well with this shot.


Chicago is one of my favorite cities, and has a world of great opportunities for photos.

Thanks for the feedback :thumbup:

I actually was going for "overwhelmed" with #4....so mission accomplished? City shots are sooo hard for me. I'm excited to get back out there and work on some more.
 
Thanks for the feedback :thumbup:

I actually was going for "overwhelmed" with #4....so mission accomplished? City shots are sooo hard for me. I'm excited to get back out there and work on some more.

You are welcome.



I am not sure if you succeeded. There is a difference between overwhelmed and overwhelmed. ;)

This shot I think is more like 'too much stuff'. Therefore, no place to focus.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom