What's new

How can I do better on this shot?

zombiemann

TPF Noob!
Joined
Aug 8, 2012
Messages
359
Reaction score
24
Location
Illinois
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I like the composition, I love how the shot came out. I shot it with the intention of cropping because I couldn't quite get the angle I wanted without it. The lights kill it for me. I know I can do better, but I can't figure out how to get the exposure I need to maintain the look without the lights blowing out. I know this is probably one of those I am going to kick myself for not thinking of it, so please be patient with the noob :)

$blownout.webp
 
hi sombiemann,

try shooting 20 minutes - 1 hour after sunset, when the sky is that wonderful glowing blue colour.

that would give you more interesting colour, and also allow you to see more details in the buildings
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom