How can this be possible?

Hello all,

here you can see a plot of my living-room and where both photos were taken.

Both were taken in the same place with a few seconds of difference and with the same light conditions.

The target of the photos was the iphone itself in order to capture a web project I'm working on.

As you can see there is no glass or mirrow behind, otherwise there would be no mistery :), and the closest window is about 2mts to my right, and they were behind the curtains...

We will have to consider the ghost option :lol:

BTW the iphone has no mirrow-back as other ipods

Best regards

2004750558372849634_rs.jpg

Based on what you are saying and looking at the photo in question, I would say you are screwing with us. I have seen a very distorted, barely visible reflection on a super glossy as in (still wet paint) white wall while using a flash before. A wall with that much texture cannot produce a reflection. Even a window would not give you that much detail.

Here is my opinion. I think you got someone to take a picture of you holding the iPhone in your right hand (nice catch), then did a very jankety photoshoping of the "reflection" into the picture. Why do I think this? First of all, the phone does not appear to be on the same plane as the wall, unless in addition to being reflective, your wall also reflects in 3-D. Second, the edges are way too sharp to be any reflection. Third, the phone is flat, not angled. If there was a real reflective surface to the right, there would be horizontal convergence, like taking a picture down a street. Fourth, your picture is taken from directly behind the phone. If you were shooting towards a mirror from that close and that angle, you wouldn't see much of a reflection since the phone and reflection would be much closer to lining up. Fifth, the hand holding the phone appears to have a gap between the middle and ring fingers, while the "reflected" hand has no gap.

So I think you are trying to pull a fast one and relying on the terrible quality of your pictures to dazzle and confuse us.

0000000rrrrr00000 reflective surface

-------iiiiii

is what should happen, according to physics (i=iphone and r=reflection)

00000000000000rrrrr

------iiii

is your photo

Based on what you are saying and looking at the photo in question, I would say you are screwing with us. I have seen a very distorted, barely visible reflection on a super glossy as in (still wet paint) white wall while using a flash before. A wall with that much texture cannot produce a reflection. Even a window would not give you that much detail.

Here is my opinion. I think you got someone to take a picture of you holding the iPhone in your right hand (nice catch), then did a very jankety photoshoping of the "reflection" into the picture. Why do I think this? First of all, the phone does not appear to be on the same plane as the wall, unless in addition to being reflective, your wall also reflects in 3-D. Second, the edges are way too sharp to be any reflection. Third, the phone is flat, not angled. If there was a real reflective surface to the right, there would be horizontal convergence, like taking a picture down a street. Fourth, your picture is taken from directly behind the phone. If you were shooting towards a mirror from that close and that angle, you wouldn't see much of a reflection since the phone and reflection would be much closer to lining up. Fifth, the hand holding the phone appears to have a gap between the middle and ring fingers, while the "reflected" hand has no gap.

So I think you are trying to pull a fast one and relying on the terrible quality of your pictures to dazzle and confuse us.

0000000rrrrr00000 reflective surface

-------iiiiii

is what should happen, according to physics (i=iphone and r=reflection)

00000000000000rrrrr

------iiii

is your photo

"brileyphotog", with all my respects, I'm not a kid fooling around... you can be sure I don't have the time neither the aim to be screwing people on forums.

I guess the technical answer is not trivial, and maybe is not a reflection and is something related to the camera lenses or... I don't know... as I said before I know nothing about photography excepting shooting with my digital camera with "auto mode" on.

BTW, I don't even understand what you said I was supossed to do to confuse you.

Best regards

You must be missing some significant detail here. The only other way I can see this happening is if somehow you got a double exposure of you with the second shot being one of you with the camera held in your other hand. From the details you are giving us, I am fairly confident that this photograph physically impossible. I tested this myself. On mirrors I can get almost this picture. On glass the reflection is nowhere detailed enough. An on walls and a variety of settings, nothing more than a shadow.

Cheers :cheers:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back