How can you test your AA batteries ?

On its own a simple multimeter won't tell you much about the condition of your battery. You have to test the battery under load to get an idea of remaining charge. You can get battery testers that work for most Ni-mh, Ni-cad and Alkaline batteries and are reasonably accurate. The one I use is ANSMANN AG - Battery Tester Energy Check LCD - Battery Testers & Accessories - Rechargeable & Primary Batteries but there are other brands that work just as well, just stay away from the extra cheap ones that are simple volt meters with no built-in intelligence.

I use a Lacrosse and it works great. But, one thing you should know is that if the battery reads "null" when it's in the charger,it probably means that the battery is depleted below .9v.
The charger won't work on it until you put it in one of those cheap fast chargers for a minute or 2 to bring the charge up a bit.
Took me a while to find that info in the manual.
Thx, thats a good piece of information!

I use a Lacrosse and it works great. But, one thing you should know is that if the battery reads "null" when it's in the charger,it probably means that the battery is depleted below .9v.
The charger won't work on it until you put it in one of those cheap fast chargers for a minute or 2 to bring the charge up a bit.
well that helps me a lot.
I've had that problem. I've had to shuffle the batteries in a cheaper charger (sometimes it would work other times show an error, if I put it in a different slot [2 batteries per slot] then it would charge it) and it would then charge. So I guess by trial and error I found out the same thing. LOL

I bought a La Crosse charger for home and a Maha for work. Personally I like the La Crosse simply because it do what I need it to do and it is easier to use.

well that helps me a lot.
I've had that problem. I've had to shuffle the batteries in a cheaper charger (sometimes it would work other times show an error, if I put it in a different slot [2 batteries per slot] then it would charge it) and it would then charge. So I guess by trial and error I found out the same thing. LOL
I almost threw a couple of eneloops in the garbage before I figured it out.
Really pays to read the whole manual,even if you need a freaking magnifying glass to do it.

I have a lacrosse 700 and it works great. If your batteries are dead (nul) you can use a good battery and jump it with 2 paperclips for a few seconds also..

I have a lacrosse 700 and it works great. If your batteries are dead (nul) you can use a good battery and jump it with 2 paperclips for a few seconds also..
The 700 is also the one I own,but I didn't know that quick trick.
Good stuff Kris.
You'd think that Bill W would put THAT in the Big Book too,right?:1247:
Hope you don't mind,but you've put it out before and i'm a fellow of the Fellowship.

Ok, ordered the La Cross BC1000, with some luck I should get it within few days.

Took all my batteries to work and my electrician co worker brought a battery tester, we took a reading then ran all batteries for 10 minutes in flashlight and checked again, no change on any of them so I think batteries should be all good.

Most reactions

Back