how could this have been better?

naptime

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.toledotees.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
so i found a 52 week photo project that i decided to join.

the theme for the first week was Resolution.

i had a lot of ideas, but settled on a photo of my new slr with my calander.

i shot it with my fuji p&s.

in order to get the writing in focus, the camera kept going on of focus. if i used the on camera flash, then it just washed it out.

so i used a lamp with a 40 watt bulb, removed the shade, and set it next to the camera. kinda got rid of most of the shadows.. but in looking at the exif data, it looks like the camera still jumped up to iso 800. so it ended up way grainier than i was hoping for.

Resolution by jaythomson, on Flickr

Turn it to b&w and embrace the noise.

Denoise in photoshop, or embrace it as your friend. A little noise doesn't make a shot bad per se.

I think the 'defects' compliment the story of the image. If it was a 'perfect' shot, it wouldn't make sense.

I'm liking Schwetty's idea. Black and white would work nicely. I like your idea on this one.

I agree with the B&W advocates, but it's a great photo idea for the topic!

So, where is this 52-week photo challenge you've joined? Maybe some of the rest of us wanna play along!

she also has sweet shot Tuesdays for people who don't want to follow a theme, and would rather just post their favorite photo of the week.

but i preferred the theme, so it makes me take a photo i otherwise wouldn't have thought of.

i'm young and impressionable. i need direction.

well, ok, i'm not young. but we'll pretend.

she also has sweet shot Tuesdays for people who don't want to follow a theme, and would rather just post their favorite photo of the week.

but i preferred the theme, so it makes me take a photo i otherwise wouldn't have thought of.

i'm young and impressionable. i need direction.

well, ok, i'm not young. but we'll pretend.
Oh, yeah, okay. I've followed her blog, off an on, for quite some time. But haven't looked at it in a while...probably since joining TPF. You can only obsess about so many things at a time, lol.
I'll have to check it out again.

Oh, and the B&W version? That's the winner!

Yeah B&W really makes that much nicer. Good call

Most reactions

Back