How did they do that thread..

paigeislame

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I left the School of Visual Arts a year or so ago, but i love looking at my friend's work. I want to know how to get these kinds of quality photos from a digital camera.
I've done it with film, but i don't have a method to my madness, it just happens. I'm wondering if it can be recreated through my digital camera.

I'm working with a Nikon D40.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2434/3865811579_fe96b4acf5_o.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3509/3824275902_d4833c80e8_o.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3549/3647471865_5fb2d002bc_o.jpg

now if i can't do it digitally.. how can i go about properly doing it through film?

The second and third images are just shot with flash (either the pop-up flash or an external hot shoe Speedlite).

The first image looks like a film image that's been scanned. I think you could dupicate this look with a digital camera and Photoshop.

I really don't see anything that special about these images.

open the pop-up flash, point, press the little button, camera goes click. That how you do the 2nd and 3rd. 1st you can edit colors in PS

Hmmm...maybe I should have paid more attention to the username.

not sure why the username would make you think it was a joke...

am I wrong in thinking they sucked?? they just look like crappy P&S images.. the first one is "ok" but the other 2 i would never want to try to reproduce, let alone ask someone to help me reproduce...

because of that, I figured it must have been a joke.. why have there been so many trolls lately... I've never seen so many on a forum before.. but it seems like at least twice a week there is a troll post

i'm actually offended. it wasn't a troll post.. it was a legitimate question.
jeez. thanks anyway.

sorry to offend.. if your serious.. they gave you the advice on how to do it up top.. my advice is, don't try to make your photos look like those, because they aren't very good at all, and you can get much nicer photos with your D40 and a little know how..

i don't shoot like that at all, but i like the way it looks. personal preference. was just wondering how to recreate it if i ever chose to.

i don't shoot like that at all, but i like the way it looks. personal preference. was just wondering how to recreate it if i ever chose to.

well, i guess we all have our tastes.. some better than others.. #2 and #3 were likely shot in Auto, and used the pop up flash... #1 has some sort of haze filter added to it..

This is not a serious thread.

Along with other on this... point and click - they are just snapshots, nothing special.

the first looks like the corners were burned in to give it a vingetting effect. the others are just basic shots with flash,

it might help if we knew what you mean about the look so we could better asset you.

And yes, you can do the same thing with your camera, altho , the first would need an editing program.
With film, the same approach, except for the first which would need help in the darkroom to pull in the edges, but the other two are basic color snaps.

the color balance looks a bit off for the third one, which is an easy fix with digital.

I don't mean to insult you but i would hope one with a background in visual arts (especially trained in a school) would do far better.

I don't mean to insult you but i would hope one with a background in visual arts (especially trained in a school) would do far better.

this is one of the big reasons I believe this post is a joke.. theres no way someone who even spent just 1 day in school for visual arts would think these are good photos, and want to emulate them..

Most reactions

Back