How did this photographer...

Post processing. he probably desaturated skin tones a bit

I think all types of camera settings could get this picture, so it is probably impossible to tell what settings the photog is using. It looks like a basic picture with minimal post processing done to it. Looks like she should right up against a brick wall on a cloudy day.

Model: Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XTi
Exposure Program: Manual
Exposure Time: 1 / 125
Flash: Flash fired, compulsory flash mode
FlashPix Version: 1.0
FNumber: 4
Focal Length: 32
ISO Speed Ratings: 400
Auto White Balance

FYI.. TPF doesn't really appreciate people posting other's works within the forum. You can certainly link to it, but don't post the photo itself unless you're the photographer.

Id like to know what about this pic is it that you like or inspire to copy? Under the same conditions whatever the original photographers camera settings were are to be avoided in my opinion.

Id like to know what about this pic is it that you like or inspire to copy? Under the same conditions whatever the original photographers camera settings were are to be avoided in my opinion.

That was going to be my comment. I don't see what there is about this photo that anyone would want to emulate.

TPF forum rules and regs don't allow us to post photos we don't own the copyright too, or have a valid use license for.

Posting a link is OK, and doesn't violate US Federal copyright law.

TPF forum rules and regs don't allow us to post photos we don't own the copyright too, or have a valid use license for.

Is anyone certain this isn't the OP's pic? :lol:

Is anyone certain this isn't the OP's pic? :lol:
How about -

How did this photographer...

How did this photographer get his photo to look like this?

In your favorite application, it looks simple enough.

Increase Exposure
Lower contrast
Lower Saturation

Yes.. please do replace the photo with a link to the photographer's page.

Color desaturation
Reduced contrast
cross process or color cast filter or w/b push into a higher kelvin.

If you need to know the exact cross process I can figure it out on my editing machine.

Agreed!

skieur

looks like they pulled out a bunch of contrast.

Most reactions

Back