How do I make a 75mm lens filter?

Zaphod2319

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I need orange, red, and blue lens filters for my Bronica. Is it possible to make them, I am not finding them available in 75mm.

Not really thinking it is possible to make it from scratch, but could I modify 77mm color filters so they fit correctly. Those are easily available.

Last edited:
What about those Lee or Cokin filter systems? Would those fit your lenses? With those you can attach the filter holder to the lens and change out the different color filters. I prefer the screw on filters but I've used a filter holder and they're quite workable.

I have never heard of a 75 mm diameter filter. Are you sure the 75 mm isn't a focal length of the lens?

75mm is the lens focal length, not the filter size.

If you have a Bronica ETR-series camera, the lenses take 58mm or 62mm diameter filters depending on which lens. These are common sizes and easily found. If you have a different model, the size may differ from above.

Get a ruler and measure across the diameter of the lens' filter threads to see which size it is. It may also be marked somewhere on the lens with a number followed by a circle with a line through it. That's the filter diameter in mm.

Last edited:
That's what I assumed, a 75mm lens. Good catch Derrel.

Ahhh, thanks. It is PE 75 mm, 62O

Ahhh, thanks. It is PE 75 mm, 62O
The symbol like an O will have a diagonal line through it - making it the recognised symbol for diameter :)
62mm filters should be MUCH easier to source.

Among my adapted lenses there are quite a few smaller ones that don't take standard size filters. I've ended up using hot melt glue to stick on stepping rings to a few of them where I can't find a stepping ring to fit at a reasonable price.

Unfortunately my phone keyboard is lacking the diagonal line. Thank you everyone.

You can also use larger filters by way of the step-up ring. I use 52mm filters (have many from owning a Nikon) on my 49mm filter size lens (Pentax), only 50mm lens and up to avoid vignetting.

Most reactions

Back