How do I promote sales for this Cage Fight?

Never done a cage fight. I know the guy in charge of this, and that's how I got hooked up with this. I'm not concerned about the quality of pictures. I think it'll be great, and I can get some killer shots.

HOWEVER, how do I promote sales? Since this is a one-time event, it's not something that can build weekly where more and more people find out about it at each event...

I don't know any of the fighters...

What should I do to promote picture sales?

I have business cards with my web address
I will be posting them to my SmugMug Pro.
The promoter will link his "Photo Gallery" link directly to my website for the promotion.

How else can I promote this?

I've got MANY red flags here:
"I'm not concerned about the quality of pictures."
"I don't know any of the fighters..."
"What should I do to promote picture sales? "

So you don't care about photo quality, and you don't want to take the time to get to know the fighters involved. Why in the world would you want to put your name on......much less promote photos that you seem to care less than crap about?
I don't mean to be confrontational, but really, this is a very "I don't give a crap, just want to make money" post.
Show some pride man.

Opps. Didn't see the photos the first time I wrote.
Nice job. Thank God.
But I still think you need to buck up on your way of thinking.

I've got MANY red flags here:
"I don't know any of the fighters..."
"What should I do to promote picture sales? "

So you don't care about photo quality, and you don't want to take the time to get to know the fighters involved. Why in the world would you want to put your name on......much less promote photos that you seem to care less than crap about?
I don't mean to be confrontational, but really, this is a very "I don't give a crap, just want to make money" post.
Show some pride man.

wow that went downhill real fast.

stating that that is not my primary concern. Obviously I will care about the photo quality, just for this post, I wasn't asking for help about picture quality...I was asking for help about other things. This statement was more of relevance to the post than anything. I wasn't necessarily looking for IQ type of advice for this post. I will gladly take some! But that wasn't my point in making this post.

"I dont know any of the fighters"
I generally shoot auto races, where I can get to know the drivers cause I'm there every week. This was simply a concern I have about taking pictures at a one-time event. Because of this, I stated the above comment, because I was concerned about this.

"What should I do to promote picture sales?"
This goes against what you were saying about "I don't give a crap" because I certainly do, and that's why I posted this! The idea behind this post was simply to get advice on promoting a one-time event, as I haven't done any one-time events before this.

I totally did not have a don't-give-a-crap attitude, and I worked hard with promoters and meeting people, and meeting fighters, and meeting everyone.

Wow!

bewair of Elsie!!! she luvs beating on the male specees. There! I vented!

Your pics are great. i fight in mo and have never seen good fight pics. I was hopin to ether get my wife or a friend into photogerphy to promote our team. do you have any ideas?

Elsie!!! DOWN GIRL, DOWN! BAD DOG!:whip:

Wow!

bewair of Elsie!!! she luvs beating on the male specees. There! I vented!

Your pics are great. i fight in mo and have never seen good fight pics. I was hopin to ether get my wife or a friend into photogerphy to promote our team. do you have any ideas?

Elsie!!! DOWN GIRL, DOWN! BAD DOG!:whip:

In what part of MO are you? I'm looking at photographing a fight in Lake of the Ozarks area on January 26th. You could go there and fight I suppose!

Well done!

All cage pics were excellent, but there were some pics where it looked as if you had the flash on camera and those were a touch flat in comparison to most of your other ones.

For a first try, you did really well !

Just make sure you dont take pics with a Canon camera. I dont know squat about brands except that I've never heard of a good fight pic taken by a Canon. Buddies of mine would rather not have a photo of there fights if one of those was used. Thats all I got for advice.

That amazin pic of that guy being kicked with the flyin-goose-squasher; how much $ for that pic? the guy doing the kicking looks like me....so my wife says...

Just make sure you dont take pics with a Canon camera. I dont know squat about brands except that I've never heard of a good fight pic taken by a Canon. Buddies of mine would rather not have a photo of there fights if one of those was used. Thats all I got for advice.

Ever been to a UFC, Pride or KOTC or other higher end cage fight? I have, about 10 times now. 80% of the pro 'togs there are Canon users. I am a pro Nikon user, but fair is fair. :)

Fighters in general are not really up on how to take a good pic, much less be aware of what hardware is better than others in the hotogaphy world today. Matter of fact, I used to train with a former UFC champion (George St-Pierre), and he could not care less what kind of camera took his pic, as long as the results were good (when it came to commercial use concerning him anyway). Trust me, your comment hurt your credibility a lot more than you realize in terms of your knowledge about photographic equipment.

Easy big fella! Sure is fun pushing somebody's button every once in a while. I'm surprised I only got 1 reaction.

Somebody's had WAY too many energy drinks!!!:madmad:

Easy big fella! Sure is fun pushing somebody's button every once in a while. I'm surprised I only got 1 reaction.

Because many people on here do not care about brands... they care about photography :greenpbl:

Somebody's had WAY too many energy drinks!!!:madmad:

Sheesh... I was thinking to myself.. no one could be that clueless... glad I was right. :lol:

Man that last picture is great, I love it. Everything about it reminds me of a classic local gym boxing B&W pictures back in the day. Except that it's cage fighting and not boxing, but same look and feel.

Awesome shot. Every time I look at it I want to tense up because I feel like I'm about to get slammed on the cage floor.

Most reactions

Back