TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am interested in how to achieve these looks:
Photo 1
Photo 2
Photo 3
Is this purely Photoshop or can you achieve these looks off camera using specific settings.
What settings for example would you using if it's a bright sunny day ( I know it depends on the light but I would like to just have some kind of idea of what to do.) Also what equipment do you think is needed to achieve this.
Thanks.

Photos by Maverick Photo

I am not signing up there.

I would definitely say that there is some skin smoothing that was done in all the pictures. Looks to me like fill flash was use on the first and the third pictures and the second one was taken around noon. I'm sure someone else can go into more detail about the lighting techniques however I cannot with any certainty.

They actually look rather natural to me. Minor blemishes may be touched up but I do not think any serious or devious editing work was done here.

One thing is certain and entire array of studio strobes would have been brought out and balanced against the the natural light. This is no simple single flash job.

I Have seen this technique in many shots and am curious about it What would I need to do with the settings to have the sky and background come out like that?

They would be metering for the sky and as Garbz said, filling in with at least 2 studio flashes (looking at the second image). Shots like this take plenty of knowledge of lights to execute professionally. They probably had plenty of diffusion sheets working as well.

Garbz (& Peanuts) nailed it. These shot almost certainly have some off camera lighting...probably pretty powerful lights with accesories etc, just like you would use in a studio. They have most likely had some post processing done as well....how much? I'm not sure.

Lighting as previously posted was a major part,

Click here for a youtube video
http://strobist.blogspot.com/2007/06/video-two-speedlight-bikini-shoot.html

there's also a few other videos on youtube if you search jacobthephotographer they will show up. The fountain video is more of a softer light, using a softbox and relfector, and the sun.

I've talked to him before and the only post production he had to do was a curves adjustment to add contrast

I Have seen this technique in many shots and am curious about it What would I need to do with the settings to have the sky and background come out like that?

He's using the strobes to illuminate the model and increasing the shutter speed to decrease ambient light and the background (shutter speed wont affect strobe lighting level)

It looks like #1 has tons of Photoshop stuff. I can see bits and pieces of images added. #2 and #3 are pretty straight forward using flash units.

Have Fun,
Jeff

Thanks so much! You all gave me great information!
I really appreciate it!

Most reactions

Back