How do you compare your D7100 to your old D7000 ?

goodguy

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
As I posted in a previous post I just bought a Nikon D7100.
The camera I had before was the D7000, due to work and other previous things I left on the back burner I will not really get to try and seriously play with my new camera for about 2 weeks so I would like to know from those among us that had the D7000 and upgraded to the D7100................

How happy are you with your new camera compare to the D7000 ?

Things i like better on the D7100:

Grip - Its a slight change in the case design, but i like the feel of the D7100 in my hands better then the D700.
Viewfinder - The OLED display in the viewfinder is easier to see in bright sun. The virtual horizon has been moved and improved.
Movie record button - Moved to a better location
Mode lock dial - much needed imho.
'i' button - awesome! Super fast setting access.
51point AF system - Need i say more? (much, much, much, much improved over the D7000)
LCD Monitor - Easier to view in bright sun.
24mp - more elbow room if you need to crop.

If you liked the D7000 you probably won't find any fault with the D7100.

Grip - Its a slight change in the case design, but i like the feel of the D7100 in my hands better then the D700.
Viewfinder - The OLED display in the viewfinder is easier to see in bright sun. The virtual horizon has been moved and improved.
51point AF system - Need i say more? (much, much, much, much improved over the D7000)

Thanks for the reply.

I loved my D7000 but always had AF problems with it and that's the main reason I bought the D7100, same of the good stuff only better minus the AF issues.
I also found the D7000 would hunt a lot if there wasn't enough light, my Canon G15 would nail a shot while my D7000 would keep hunting and hunting, I understand this issue also improved on the D7100 which is a nice added bonus.

Thanks for the reply.

I loved my D7000 but always had AF problems with it and that's the main reason I bought the D7100, same of the good stuff only better minus the AF issues.
I also found the D7000 would hunt a lot if there wasn't enough light, my Canon G15 would nail a shot while my D7000 would keep hunting and hunting, I understand this issue also improved on the D7100 which is a nice added bonus.

Does d7100 fix the iso button placement?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Does d7100 fix the iso button placement?

The ISO button is in the same place on the D7100 and D7000. The lettering under the buttons has been moved though :)

The ISO button is a legacy from the D7000.
To be honest after owning the the d7000 I really am used to the ISO button so I am over this issue but what I didnt like is the lock down mode dial.
I dont see a reason to have the dial locked so every time I want to move the dial I need one finger pressing on the knob and the other hand moving the dial, not a big deal but I dont get it. The more convential dial on the D7000 was easier to work with.

The ISO button is a legacy from the D7000.

Actually... The ISO button is a legacy from the D70.

It was carried over to the D80.. then the D90.. then the D7000.. and now the D7100.

So it goes waaaaaaaaay back. I think that's why I've never had a problem with it. In the ~9 years I've had a Nikon DSLR its been in the same place :)

To me, I think the D7100 outclasses the D7000 in every way imaginable. Just a much better piece of equipment.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back