Shutter Control for Nikon?

DGMPhotography

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I didn't have much luck with Google, and I tried a search on the forum here...

Trying to figure out how to get advanced control of my Nikon D5100, whether it's software like Magic Lantern, or some sort of hardware, I want your inputs/suggestion and your experience with the method.

I want an automated method to take more than 3 bracketed shots, or time lapses throughout the night. Additional features certainly welcome.

Note, I am aware of Nikon's built in interval capabilities, I'm just wondering if there's a way to streamline the process and/or have more options.

Thanks!

Tailgunner

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hum...place the camera in continuous mode and then use a shutter release cable and lock it in the on position.

tirediron

Watch the Birdy!
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.johnsphotography.ca
Photos OK to edit
Not certain how sophisticated the D5100's built in intervalometer is, but if it doesn`t meet your requirements, you can always buy a remote unit.

OP
D

DGMPhotography

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Not certain how sophisticated the D5100's built in intervalometer is, but if it doesn`t meet your requirements, you can always buy a remote unit.

After some experimenting, I've found it's actually not bad at all. I was curious if such remotes existed though, so thanks for pointing that out!

Most reactions

ClickASnap