How do you feel about not getting credit?

danman281

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took some pictures of some friends and these people I met. They turned out really good and some decided to post on their face book. The thing that bothered me a little was that I was never really given credit. I don't know if I should expect it, or if that thats just the way it is. I didn't charge anything either and I sent the best resolutions.

I am happy that I was given a chance to practice. I just wouldn't mind some credit

I think it stinks. I used to work on a farm and would take alot of pictures of the animals. The farm manger told me if I had any I would like for her to put on the welcome board to send them to her. I guess she liked them to much as she had post cards made out of them and sold them. I didnt even get a credit for the photo.

I understand how you feel. I did a session for a friend - she posted them on Facebook and was given MANY compliments. She replied to almost all of them with, oh, yes, it was a great camera! Geeesh...

yeah, I had that happen... now when I give friends photos I always watermark them so that it's obvious they were done by someone else (and hopefully I get the credit). It seems people feel free to just put these shots on facebook (ever see the number of professional wedding shots that end up on facebook? lots).

All that is to say that I hear your pain. That sucks.

I understand how you feel. I did a session for a friend - she posted them on Facebook and was given MANY compliments. She replied to almost all of them with, oh, yes, it was a great camera! Geeesh...

"It Was a Great Camera"?? i would of posted a comment on that picture saying, "maybe you should buy that same camera and take pics of yourself next time". or something in that dirrection.

It was only a short while ago when I realised that apparently people feel free or even invited to also place photos into their own Facebook albums which were taken by others. Such as photos taken by me. Never indicating that these particular photos were NOT theirs, but had been taken by someone ELSE. It nagged a little ... but then I've taken to adding a little watermark to each and every photo I place into the www, so they can't really, really pass mine off as theirs.

Most reactions

Back