How do you get back on the horse?

eyeye

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
There are lots of reasons why one might get sidelined from photography for a while. I happened to get very sick, need surgery and then of course go through recovery. So it has been a bit over a month since I have even picked up my camera. And as bad as I miss it and want to want to pick up where I left off, I am having trouble getting inspired. So I was wondering, how have you gotten back on the horse after an extended break?

Well, Grab it and shoot uninspired. Inspiration will come. That is all there really is to it.

LOL you make it sound so easy! I guess it really is that easy, isnt it? Its just about doing. Maybe I feel intimidated that I have forgotten everything. I know before I got sick I was so focused into photography that made other people happy that I kind of stopped feeling happy about it myself. Its time to get back to roots I think.

LOL you make it sound so easy! I guess it really is that easy, isnt it? Its just about doing. Maybe I feel intimidated that I have forgotten everything. I know before I got sick I was so focused into photography that made other people happy that I kind of stopped feeling happy about it myself. Its time to get back to roots I think.

It sounds easy yes. It's funny you made the anology you did, It's no different than a horse. If you let it intimidate you you'll never become a rider. A horse stops at the gate and tosses you, you get on and make the horse go through that gate wether the two of you are ready or not, otherwise it'll never respect you

You are likely going to end up with a bunch of meaningless shots, but it's the motions that matter. If you don't you may not ever be able to take it back up again.

I really appreciate the advice. I think its excellent advice. Camera here I come

Most reactions

New Topics

Back