What's new

How do you know when it's time to upgrade?

I'm growing a little frustrated, as well!


Alicia

Part of growing is getting frustrating. Frustration leads to growth or failure, it is totally up to the individual.[/QUOTE]


Thanks. I find that when I become frustrated it just leads to me trying harder to solve the problem. I've been working really hard trying to get better with the focus issue. I've read a little about "front focusing" and wondering if my copy of the 50mm 1.4 is maybe not so good. It sure would be easier to swallow rather than chalking it up to operator failure. LOL.

Anyways, thanks for the encouragement. I do see I am getting better every day but sometimes a rough day or practice session is a bit unsettling.

Gotta keep practicing!
 
Thank you to those who offered suggestions! I am working on the back button focus thing. Will let you know if that helps. It's a little tricky!
So far I found back button focusing to be a major help when I use my speedlite. It fires off a single flash, enough to get the correct focus and then lock on to manual focus and shoot. Beats taking 10 pictures in a dark situation to make sure it's right.
 
Thanks. Wanted to update. I have been playing with the back button focusing and it hasn't really been too tough to get the hang of, and it's working! The 50mm still is a little big of a challenge, but not nearly like it was! I have noticed a big improvement when I use my 75-300mm for soccer games. I don't toss nearly as many as I used to!

The following are a few from a recent HS game. These were taken from the bleachers.

24136_383357077981_644112981_4013559_3622962_n.jpg

24136_383357117981_644112981_4013566_4638812_n.jpg

24136_383357137981_644112981_4013569_6730877_n.jpg

24136_383357142981_644112981_4013570_6989580_n.jpg

24136_383357307981_644112981_4013598_1883947_n.jpg

24136_383357377981_644112981_4013609_5495608_n.jpg
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom