How do you like this post-processing image?

boomer

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is an image i am playing around with because the colors are kind of throwing me off a little (color difference between my dog and the green grass). Not sure what i like better to be honest. i used auto level on this picture plus a little more with the brightness, contrast and sharpening. feel free to edit the original with what you think would look best.

Would love to hear your opinion! :)

Original
Test1.jpg

After
test2.jpg

Last edited:
Well to me it may be a little too sharp now. the colors look good on my end. The photo is not the best photo and a better crop could be called for. But even with a better crop I still see a dogs bun hole lmao. But thats just maybe me.

Well to me it may be a little too sharp now. the colors look good on my end. The photo is not the best photo and a better crop could be called for. But even with a better crop I still see a dogs bun hole lmao. But thats just maybe me.

lol yes, this is just a random picture i picked to post for my thread. im just trying to get the color, contrast and sharpness right on the rest of the set.

thanks for the input tho!

I'm not a fan of saturation. Any photo I see that someone bumped up saturation in PP looks "fake" to me.

The first original shot the grass looks fine, as I would expect it to look for real. The dog does look a bit washed out in the original.

The second shot, just my opinion, too much contrast and saturation. The grass no longer looks real in color, it's too bright. The dog has too much contrast in it. As was said also, there is too much sharpening. The image no longer looks like it reproduces a real view.

This is only my opinion of course. I like to do only very slight adjustments, or at least I attempt to do only very slight adjustments. Check levels first, then a very VERY slight curve adjustment for a very VERY slightly more contrast and very mild sharpening, or resize for the web first then the mild sharpen. That's all I do to my images and any more than very slight adjustments, it ruins the image for my personal tastes. That's what it comes down to right there though, personal tastes.

colors are much nicer, but again...looking down the barrel of a dog vag ugh :D

i like the contrast of the second image too...makes the original look a bit muddy.

nice edit.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back