How do you organize your filters?

slackercruster

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit

This holds my ND's and graduated ND's: Cokin P305 Storage Box - Holds 10 "P" Series CP305 B&H. My polarizers are in the boxes they came in, rubber-banded to the ND box above.

Filters specifically used for B&W film photography are in their respective camera cases.

The rest of my filters (creative colors and stars and whatnot) are no longer used because I find it far easier and have much more control over such things in Photoshop, so they're up on a shelf with the antique camera gear.

Randomly (I only have a few).

i still like to use my polarizer and yellow filters; i keep them in a cute little filter wallet.

Lee Multi Filter Pouch for my 9 Lee ND filters and the standard case that my CPL came in from B&W came in

slackercruster said:

Plastic shoeboxes....

several of them.

One for my set of series 9 filters, with adapters,
One for threaded filters, another for threaded adapters,
Two for gelatin filters and holders (three full set of CC filters and every known Wratten),
And several Tiffen filter wallets for the Betterlight IR filters.

Then there's the shoebox (as in cardboard) box of misc. filters I inherited

And the stack of B50 filters for the Hassy.

I use old shoeboxes. Bunches of them. I also have a square filter kit that looks a lot like a shaving kit. ANd I have a 30 year-old Nikon filter "wallet", a trifold that holds six filters in sleeves....kind of like a CD case, but made for filters. When out and about, I usually carry the one or two filters I will use in the old-stle, round, threaded, two-piece, clear-top-white plastic bottom filter cases, from the 1980's.

I only have a 77mm .9ND filter.. thats it. I dont need to organize it. :)

I put it in my pocket.

This is just another weenie-wagging thread.
'I've got more filters than you and that makes me big and strong and smart and a greeaaat photographer.'

One is on the lens and when I find the other one, I'll get back to you.

I put it in my pocket.

This is just another weenie-wagging thread.
'I've got more filters than you and that makes me big and strong and smart and a greeaaat photographer.'

Good one Lew!!!!! BTW, do you still have that weenie-measuring ruler? The old, worn wooden one from your military days? 'Cause we could sure use it here.

Good one Lew!!!!! BTW, do you still have that weenie-measuring ruler? The old, worn wooden one from your military days? 'Cause we could sure use it here.

that's a sad story.

After I left the service, I had it on my key-chain and somehow lost it.

Most reactions

Back