How do you store your cameras/lenses?

anyone else takes their battery off? i use my 1 week old dSLR everyday. i dont think i should remove it.

how about a week?

Hmmm.... never thought of it. I have a 10D I haven't used in years. I will occasionally remove the battery and recharge it so it's ready just in case I need it. No problems yet.

-Pete

tamrac backpack for all my stuff listed below.

I'm pretty anal about trying to keep my stuff stored in a safe place...the only problem is alot of the times I need my camera it takes me about 5 minutes to find the backpack!

I keep my body and all my glass in a Pelican case next to my door. That way if I'm on my way out I can grab whatever I think I'll need for the day.

I keep my X-700, with the 50mm f/1.7, attached in some old camera bag that is quickly disentigrating, with my 35-70mm f/3.5, 100mm f/2.8 (both for my Nikon FG), & a flash. I keep my FG, with the 28mm f/2.8 lens attached, in it's own case and carry it around my neck.

I have a canon backpack. I keep the 70-300mm attached, and have the kit lens in one of the lens compartment. I usually have the tripod strapped into the backpack as well, since I find myself needing it a lot. My polarizer sits in one of the many pockets, as well as all the maintenance/cleaning supplies, and manuals/books. It's a pretty big and roomy backpack w/ lots of room for everything, and it was only 40.00

17-40 + 580EXII I have attached to 30D and that is always out on my desk - I take a lot of shots of daughter around house, around garden, etc ...

Lens and stuff I do not use daily are stored in Pelican case with some packs of that moisture absorbing gel (forget name).

When doing outdoor family stuff (zoo, picnic, amusement park), I carry everything in Slingshot 300.

When doing indoor stuff (bday party, family gatherings, bbq), I use a Domke F802.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back