How do you take pictures during crazy event?

danman281

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Do good photographers always use manual mode? I have a hard time taking pictures when there are a lot of things going on. Like, if there was a wedding outside, then I have to be really fast because the lighting changes, people move around a lot, focal points change... etc.

Most of the time, I leave it in manual. I point, meter, adjust, focus, and snap.

When I'm shooting with flash, I always use manual mode but usually let E-TTL do it's thing.

When shooting without flash, I might use manual or AV.

When I'm shooting with flash, I always use manual mode but usually let E-TTL do it's thing.

When shooting without flash, I might use manual or AV.

haha ok good. I don't feel so bad when I'm not in manual mode anymore :p

You shouldn't feel bad from shooting in any mode. Shoot the mode that is most comfortable for you. Don't let your peers (whether online or otherwise) make you feel as if you aren't doing everything yourself, then there must be something wrong with ya. There isn't. These cameras are designed to take the "work" out of a lot of things so you can focus on actually getting a shot, not whether or not you remembered to dial one or two settings in.

Except full auto, right? :greenpbl:

For the record: I hate it when the dinky built in flash pops up. It bugs me like crazy! Although it is a nice reminder that I'm on the little green box... :mrgreen: (what can I say? I get lazy!)

It also depends on what camera you are using. Do you have any quik buttons or do you have to go into menu to make all your changes?
Either way its a matter of practice and getting used to what settings you'll need for what situations. You'll learn to make the quik changes over time.
As far as feeling bad about anything, don't worry about it. Good shots are good shots regardless of what mode you are in.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back