How does she do it?

mrshaleyberg

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So, I don't even know how I stumbled upon this woman's website, but I absolutely love her work. What do you think she uses? Natural light? How about her editing style? How she makes the skin so smooth, yet it doesn't look fake. Does anybody know?!

Check it out! Give me answers! please! :D

Munchkins | Mohawks photography, Pittsburgh Childrens Photography

You think she has flash, or she takes her lights/strobes or whatever she uses outside?

all of the above.
from off camera flash, reflectors, diffusers, soft boxes, strobes.
as i have seen her photos, it's all about lights.

in post processing, gaussian blur in layers is her #1 tool i think on skin.

i looked at about 3 images then couldn't take the flash/music anymore. I would honestly say, take inspiration from it and thats it. Create your own style of photography. Don't carbon clone others. Although I will warn you, if you go "outside the box" and develop a style that is you, you will get mixed emotions. People will either love it or hate it. But they will remember it.

I use a reflector no flash. I am natural light exclusively. It is all about the light ; - ) Good luck

I already carry my own style, obviously. As does everybody else. I've had haters and lovers. I think it's just one of those things you know? I'm still a beginner, so I'm sure once I get some more time, and experience under my belt, I'll have something that even I'LL be proud of. I'm never happy with my work! But I do love looking at other peoples work for sure. Definitely inspiration!

Quick question.....I'm in the process of making a website..Should I refrain from putting music on my website? Does that drive people insane? Personally, if it's a genre I like, it doesn't bother me..

Yes? No?

Quick question.....I'm in the process of making a website..Should I refrain from putting music on my website? Does that drive people insane? Personally, if it's a genre I like, it doesn't bother me..

Yes? No?

Do what you love. I love to view images with music- so therefore I use music when I present my images. I attract clients who also have the same likes as I do, so if they are put off by it then perhaps they are not my target clientele. ;)

ha ha ha ha! NICE! Somebody mentioned putting music on your site shows you're a "noob"..Wouldn't your photos show that? Just sayin..

i looked at about 3 images then couldn't take the flash/music anymore.

3..... really?!?

I closed it the second the "music" started.

Create your own style of photography. Don't carbon clone others. .

Wondering how someone does something doesn't necessarily constitute becoming a carbon copy. Besides, knowing how certain effects and lighting are accomplished is half the battle in finding your own style. It's important to ask the "how was it done" question...... especially if the result of the technique is something you want to incorporate into your style.

Side two to this statement.... photography is NOT a new art/science/hobby. It is difficult if not impossible to do something that hasn't been done before. So just go press the shutter button and have a blast.

And to answer the last question from the OP..... if you have music on your site, I will not visit it. Not that anyone will lose sleep from lack of my traffic, I'm just sayin' is all.

If you're going to have music, make it an option to turn on and not an option to turn off, if that makes sense. Meaning, you open the site and have the option to turn it on if you want, not the other way around where I have to search like a mad man to find the "pause" button b/c the music is like scratching nails on a chalkboard :)

Personally, I'm not a music person on websites, I usually shut it down before I can get into it.

I'm not a huge music fan either, and I am guessing probably 70% of us would say nein to music and at least make sure you can turn it off quickly. Loved the site you linked, definitely inspiration worthy. I love stuff like that, sometimes it gives me ideas. And for the record I really liked the music on Chris's site so there are acceptions to even our own personal tastes.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back