How does she do it?

I think the photos are beautiful! And I'm kind of bummed I am no longer in Pittsburgh
I'm not a fan of music, but I usually have a sleeping baby in my lap when I am internetting so the sound on my computer is generally turned off anyway.
Me not being a fan of music would not turn me off to a photographer that takes lovely photos that I like.

Quick question.....I'm in the process of making a website..Should I refrain from putting music on my website? Does that drive people insane? Personally, if it's a genre I like, it doesn't bother me..

Yes? No?

Those that generally complain are not looking seriously for the product you offer in the first place. Your clients will think its part of the business. I've visited many wedding sites that had music and just never thought about it as an issue, just part of the whole personal touch. If someone wants to point to independant studies instead of personal opinions then I would take it serious.

Those that generally complain are not looking seriously for the product you offer in the first place. Your clients will think its part of the business. I've visited many wedding sites that had music and just never thought about it as an issue, just part of the whole personal touch. If someone wants to point to independant studies instead of personal opinions then I would take it serious.

Well a-freakin-men-to-THAT!

Beautiful photos, and while sometimes I dislike music, I think she's chosen well. Especially on the link she provided of the city/country photos, the music is perfect for the photos.

TIFFANY! You joined us! Amazing! I love your work! Thanks for letting us know what you do!

Also, what is your editing technique ?

Quick question.....I'm in the process of making a website..Should I refrain from putting music on my website? Does that drive people insane? Personally, if it's a genre I like, it doesn't bother me..

Yes? No?

Agreed. I think that everyone's knee-jerk reaction to music is a bit silly to be frank. There are mute buttons on the site (I've never been to a site with music that *didn't* allow me the option to turn it off) and computer speakers with the ability to turn them down or even MUTE them with the touch of a button!!! GASP! Gotta love technology.

The only reason I don't use music on my own website isn't because I think it'll drive people away, it's because of copyright infringement. And being that I was a musician/audio engineer prior to taking up photography, that's something that's close to my heart. And since I can't afford to pay for licensing fees at the moment, and none of the public domain music appeals to me, I will refrain from using it for the time being. :biggrin:

I'm really tempted to go to my old "wedding planning" forum and taking a poll to see how many people are driven away by websites by music. :lol:

Derrel... get with it dude. She's already joined the convo... LOL

I sometimes do not read the first page's replies if I am in a hurry, especially if the question asked involves an "opinion" type of reply...

Many people surf the Internet at work, and unsolicited music gives that away.

Many people are already listening to their own music when they are on the computer.

Many people surf the Internet at work, and unsolicited music gives that away.

Many people are already listening to their own music when they are on the computer.

Your point?

Unsolicited muzak on the intrawebs sucks.

I think that's the long and short of it.

The only certain slight problem I can see with sites that have music for potential clients is tabbed browsing. These days its not uncommon to open up google - to a search and then tab open the first half a dozen or so results that look promising. Now if each of those local wedding photographer websites is putting out its own little music tune that makes a horrible mess to have to flick through to turn them all off. (an effect I found recently, though was more pleasing because it was random birdsongs on the site - had 5 tabs open and it was quite the sudden dawn chorus! ;)).

As said though, a nice big "stop music" button works wonders :

Most reactions

New Topics

Back