How good is the Nikon D40?

thanks peeps again for the infos. really appreciate it. :)

and oh, i shot a wedding using a D40. I am very satisfied with it, you wouldnt know that it's a D40. :)

/FACEPALM

here's some samples of your FACEPALM:

AtLookcopy.jpg

AtLookingUpcopy.jpg

AtCar2copy.jpg

ATDoorcopy.jpg

i was just wondering what other feature or capabilities can it do compared to other high end cameras.
The D40 is not a high end camera in and of itself. It is an entry-level camera now one generation old. It was replaced by the D3000.

The D40 has few features and capabilities to compare to higher level cameras even in the entry-level market segment.
Actually I think its a bit older than that lol. Its been replaced a few times, d40 / d40x/ d60/ d3000.

Great wedding photos. I had a d40x with great glass and I was never disappointed with what it could do. Then again It was my first dslr so I had no idea how good it was til I went up to the D300.

i was just wondering what other feature or capabilities can it do compared to other high end cameras.
The D40 is not a high end camera in and of itself. It is an entry-level camera now one generation old. It was replaced by the D3000.

The D40 has few features and capabilities to compare to higher level cameras even in the entry-level market segment.
Actually I think its a bit older than that lol. Its been replaced a few times, d40 / d40x/ d60/ d3000.
Ok, but the D40 was still available while the D60 was. The D60 replaced the D40x. The D40 wasn't discontinued until shortly after the launch of the D3000. The D60 was discontinued shortly after the launch of the D5000.

Scroll to the bottom of this page and check out the time-lines:
Nikon D2X - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Most reactions

New Topics

Back