How good is this lens?

tank121

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Based on your own experience with it? Is the Nikon equivalent worth saving the extra for?

Sigma 10-20mm f4-5.6 EX DC HSM

I like all types of photography portraits, landscapes and architecture. Indoor & outdoor.

Currently my most used lens is Sigma 17-50 2.8 on my D7100.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I have that lens for my D7100 and it's really quite good. I looked at the Nikon equivalent, but after speaking with the one of the guys at my local camera shop, I went with the Sigma. It was way less and I just couldn't justify the Nikon premium. I have gotten some really good photos with it. Like any wide angle, there can be some distortion, but it's not a problem. Here's a sample of a shot with it.

DSC_1836 BW | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Yes ...........

Tokina 11-16

+1

It's a sharper lens, doesn't have any real optical problems, less pronounced distortion than the Sigma or Nikon ultra wide's, and it's cheaper. Don't let its short zoom fool you. This is probably the best DX ultra wide on the market. Sure, it doesn't go to 10mm or up to 20mm, so that range is pretty limited. I see it as more of a specialty lens, which an ultra wide should be viewed as, I think. It takes a bit of talent and understanding to make the most of them.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back